Client Upgrade Issue

cjsmith87

Question

We have setup a package group with 3 packages:  Standard, Pro and Enterprise. We offer a 1 year licence and a 3 year licence. I have set it up so users can upgrade themselves but if they are on a 1 year standard licence and they choose to upgrade to 3 Year Pro licence it is pro rata-ing their current licence to the end of its term (1 year from start date) but at the 3 year price for a single year! This is giving them the discount of a 3 year deal but on a 1 year subscription. What am I doing wrong? It should either only allow them to upgrade within the same level, e.g. 1 year OR extend their current licence date

6 answers to this question

Packages are setup within the same Package group and upgrades are allowed:
Standard - 1 Year (£1195) 3 Years (£3155)
Pro - 1 Year (£1395) 3 Years (£3685)

If they are on a a 1 year Standard licence and choose to upgrade to a 3 year Pro licence, it invoices them for £33!! I am guessing this is because it is doing (£3685/3) - the £1195 they have already paid. This means they are getting a 1 year pro licence for £1228 when it should be £1395 saving them £167! Plus it is confusing because it does not extend their service by 2 years, it just amends the cost of their current licence