What are Email Mobile Templates?

espservices

Question

15 answers to this question

Just to add, if for no other reason than to take a few more wacks at this dead horse:

My mobile email is set to my phone number @ my cell provider. Many cell providers provide an email to SMS gateway. Email the address, get a text message. In this way, the mobile emails go to my phone as a text message. Great for emergency support and orders.

3 hours ago, BlestaStore said:

here.thumb.png.667f25ef9fef20858d29853213302f67.png

Thanks again! I see that. But in what specific cases is the mobile email used? Should I set a standard email to use when I'm on my desktop and the mobile email on my phone when Im on the road? Sorry but I really don't understand and cannot find anything about this on the docs. 

5 minutes ago, espservices said:

Thanks again! I see that. But in what specific cases is the mobile email used? Should I set a standard email to use when I'm on my desktop and the mobile email on my phone when Im on the road? Sorry but I really don't understand and cannot find anything about this on the docs. 

You don't want to use it you don't need to use it. It's there if you have a separate email for your mobile phone. You can receive order confirmations and support tickets via that as-well so when you are out and about you can still receive information.

Just now, BlestaStore said:

You don't want to use it you don't need to use it. It's there if you have a separate email for your mobile phone. You can receive order confirmations and support tickets via that as-well so when you are out and about you can still receive information.

Now I'm starting to understand. :) But I cannot see the login behind it. I have my main email setup both on my desktop and on my phone. In what use cases is the mobile mail useful? Can you give some examples?

1 minute ago, espservices said:

Now I'm starting to understand. :) But I cannot see the login behind it. I have my main email setup both on my desktop and on my phone. In what use cases is the mobile mail useful? Can you give some examples?

Receiving orders and tickets. if you use the same email for both you don't need it.

10 minutes ago, BlestaStore said:

Receiving orders and tickets. if you use the same email for both you don't need it.

So lets see if I understand: I can have my man email address setup on my desktop where I receive all emails. But on my phone I can have just the mobile mail setup and decide to just receive tickets on mobile phone. That way when Im on the road I just receive tickets emails, correct? So is the only purpose/objective of the mobile email to allow me to decide exactly what notifications I receive on my mobile phone?

41 minutes ago, espservices said:

So lets see if I understand: I can have my man email address setup on my desktop where I receive all emails. But on my phone I can have just the mobile mail setup and decide to just receive tickets on mobile phone. That way when Im on the road I just receive tickets emails, correct? So is the only purpose/objective of the mobile email to allow me to decide exactly what notifications I receive on my mobile phone?

you would get both emails for orders / tickets if you enter a mobile email address.

tl;dr
Sometimes staff don't like to be woken up at home.

Example:

1. Go to Support > Staff > Edit (one of the staff users).
  2. Notice that there are several checkboxes representing different ticket priorities you can select (e.g. "Emergency", "Critical", etc.)

Some Staff may want to receive all of those ticket notifications to their work email at their work computer when they're at work. However, when they're at home sleeping, they may not want their phone to wake them up because of a ticket notification unless it is an "Emergency" ticket that they need to deal with. That page allows them to configure the ticket notice emails they will receive.

The Order email is similar, but you configure your settings for that under Billing > Overview > (click the settings/gear icon at the top right of the Orders widget).

33 minutes ago, Paul said:

Just to add, if for no other reason than to take a few more wacks at this dead horse:

My mobile email is set to my phone number @ my cell provider. Many cell providers provide an email to SMS gateway. Email the address, get a text message. In this way, the mobile emails go to my phone as a text message. Great for emergency support and orders.

Thaks dor the advise! Will ask if my telecom provider has that feature. That use case scenario is the one that closest meet my needs.