Best way to bill hourly consulting services?

espservices

Question

Hi all,

I'm starting to use Blesta and getting to know how the packages and forms work. I think I have already understand in overall how in works. 

But I have doubts on the best way to setup a order form to bill clients hourly per consulting services.  

I need hourly, daily, weekly and monthly packages as I leave bellow. The most common use will be clients ordering some hours or days depending on the work needed. Clients must be able to order 3 hours or 2 days for example.

1 Hour – 5 €
1 Day – 40 €
1 Week – 150 €
1 Month – 500 €

I have been messing around but the way I'm making the hourly shows as "One-Time" and does not allow to select more than 1 hour. Can anyone please help me on this?

What's the best way do do this? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

On 04/03/2018 at 1:27 AM, espservices said:

Hi all,

I'm starting to use Blesta and getting to know how the packages and forms work. I think I have already understand in overall how in works. 

But I have doubts on the best way to setup a order form to bill clients hourly per consulting services.  

I need hourly, daily, weekly and monthly packages as I leave bellow. The most common use will be clients ordering some hours or days depending on the work needed. Clients must be able to order 3 hours or 2 days for example.

1 Hour – 5 €
1 Day – 40 €
1 Week – 150 €
1 Month – 500 €

I have been messing around but the way I'm making the hourly shows as "One-Time" and does not allow to select more than 1 hour. Can anyone please help me on this?

What's the best way do do this? Thanks!

nice idea to ad a hourly billing system . i think already a request has been opened .

2 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

nice idea to ad a hourly billing system . i think already a request has been opened .

Yes, because at the moment for hourly i'm using the one-time option. Having hourly option would be great.

My use case is very usefull for consultancy services, where clients should be allow to buy using Blesta.

You could use a package with a price of 0 and then use config options to set the amount of time that's being purchased. Some people just keep track of time, and bill at the end of the month. Doing it that way, you'd create an invoice for the time manually and you can use fractions for quantity to represent the time.. for example:

Website design -3hrs 45min QTY: 3 45/60 AMOUNT: $50

Where 3 45/60 is the quantity in hours/minutes, and $50 is the hourly rate.

Ultimately what you're asking for I think would be the ability to order items that are not services.

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Ultimately what you're asking for I think would be the ability to order items that are not services.

Thanks for the suggestion. About the ability to order items that are not services, probavbby yes is the case. But that is up to your team to decide the best way to do it. 

For me at least and I think that for many freelancers having the ability for a client to buy hours of work in advance would be really great! 

On 3/6/2018 at 5:00 PM, Paul said:

You could use a package with a price of 0 and then use config options to set the amount of time that's being purchased. Some people just keep track of time, and bill at the end of the month. Doing it that way, you'd create an invoice for the time manually and you can use fractions for quantity to represent the time.. for example:

Website design -3hrs 45min QTY: 3 45/60 AMOUNT: $50

Where 3 45/60 is the quantity in hours/minutes, and $50 is the hourly rate.

Do you have any idea if hourly billing will be coming soon?

18 hours ago, mpve said:

Do you have any idea if hourly billing will be coming soon?

That depends what you mean by hourly billing. My understanding of hourly billing is as it relates to cloud services that are billed on the 1st for the time used during the previous month. So it's post-pay not pre-pay, and requires tracking of the time services are actually active. That's very different than what the OP was trying to do here, which I think would best be suited using a configurable option to select the amount of hours to prepay for.