Support Tickets - Spam

7 minutes ago, Reptiliahosting said:

It would be nice to see a option for spam and to block email address from opening a ticket.

Can you provide details? 4.3 will have a feature that allows you to permanently delete tickets. For spam, do you mean some way to auto detect it? And a blacklist to prevent certain email addresses from opening a ticket? 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Can you provide details? 4.3 will have a feature that allows you to permanently delete tickets. For spam, do you mean some way to auto detect it? And a blacklist to prevent certain email addresses from opening a ticket? 

Not so much auto detect although that would be nice but mainly a way to block them from opening a ticket via email.

Normal spam email filters tend to work best, like Barracuda, and then only clean email makes it to your ticket system. We would consider adding a blacklist section where you could blacklist specific email addresses or domains from opening tickets. I assume you want non-clients to be able to open tickets? If not, you can make it so only clients can open a ticket, which should reduce any spam.

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Normal spam email filters tend to work best, like Barracuda, and then only clean email makes it to your ticket system. We would consider adding a blacklist section where you could blacklist specific email addresses or domains from opening tickets. I assume you want non-clients to be able to open tickets? If not, you can make it so only clients can open a ticket, which should reduce any spam.

No, we want clients to be able to send emails to open a ticket or reply to a ticket.

2 minutes ago, Reptilia Hosting said:

No, we want clients to be able to send emails to open a ticket or reply to a ticket.

You can restrict it so that only clients (email matches a client) can open tickets. Do you want to ban clients from opening tickets by email? Because even if clients are banned from opening tickets my email, they can login and open tickets.

To allow only clients to open or reply to tickets, edit the department (Support > Departments) and check the box: "Allow only clients to open or reply to tickets", and save.

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

You can restrict it so that only clients (email matches a client) can open tickets. Do you want to ban clients from opening tickets by email? Because even if clients are banned from opening tickets my email, they can login and open tickets.

To allow only clients to open or reply to tickets, edit the department (Support > Departments) and check the box: "Allow only clients to open or reply to tickets", and save.

Some clients may not be registered yet I don't want to block the unregistered ones.