Unsent test emails under mail logs with unsent status, how to prevent them from sending

Chris van der Westhuizen

Question

Hi Team.  We changed our smtp mail settings to a false URL to prevent them from being emailed while we are testing.

Currently we have over 4000 emails (support/invoices/etc) with status Unsent.  What will happen if we correctly enter the smtp address?

We would like to cancel them all to prevent them from sending out if they still are to be sent.

Kind Regars, Chris

4 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, Chris van der Westhuizen said:

Hi Team.  We changed our smtp mail settings to a false URL to prevent them from being emailed while we are testing.

Currently we have over 4000 emails (support/invoices/etc) with status Unsent.  What will happen if we correctly enter the smtp address?

We would like to cancel them all to prevent them from sending out if they still are to be sent.

Kind Regars, Chris

Emails are stored in the log_emails table. You can empty this table out if it makes you feel better

20 hours ago, GosuHost said:

Emails are stored in the log_emails table. You can empty this table out if it makes you feel better

Okey, thanks.

I'm always feeling excellent! :-)

Just to make sure I understand correctly...

My assumption and not factual: Mails created and processed gets saved in log_emails.  I can leave or delete the emails records there with status as unsent, whatever I decide, and it will not have any effect.  Thus, mails will not be queued in Blesta to be sent later in case the SMTP server can momentarily not be reached for what ever reason, and the mails will only be added to the logs with status "unsent", which I can leave there, or delete if it will make me feel better, thus have no effect if I leave them there?

Thus I cannot rely on Blesta to make sure mails gets delivered later in case of a network or SMTP problem, like I caused intentionally for testing purposes.?  Thus it will occur that clients will not receive their invoices sometimes?

Excuse me if I might sound rude, I am really not and very humble.

The mail log is just a log of what was sent. If there are invoices that upon edit have the email box checked, they will be sent at the first opportunity. The solution to having these all go out, is to mark all invoices in the system as sent. I think this query will do it for you, but be sure to backup your database first!

UPDATE `invoice_delivery` SET date_sent="2018-03-12 00:00:00" WHERE date_sent=NULL AND method="email";

Query will set a sent date for all invoices that have not been sent and are queued for email delivery.