Logic of upgrade + coupon

evolvewh

Question

I went to upgrade a service for a client (from the admin side) yesterday with the following case and the logic seems odd to me.

Current service: $70 monthly

Upgrade: $1440 for 12 months + coupon for 15% off

When I change the package on the admin side and use the prorate feature, Blesta only wants to invoice the price difference from the old package to the new package on a monthly basis. Why doesn't Blesta upgrade to the new 12 month term? It seems useless if Blesta is going to prorate for 1 month now and then 1 month later, it finally invoices for the 12 months. I also noticed that even though our coupon applies to 12 months only (not monthly), the coupon code was applied for this partial month update.

This is in v4.2.2. without any modifications.

5 answers to this question

7 hours ago, BlestaStore said:

Because it pro-ratas. When the old term is up it invoices a full new term.

This makes very little business sense. If a customer is ready to upgrade and pay, they should be invoiced right then. Either pro rated for 1 month and charged the full rate for 11 months or pro rated for 1 month and charged for 12 months but it makes no sense to wait until the end of the month to invoice for that new term (12 months in this case)

14 hours ago, evolvewh said:

Either pro rated for 1 month and charged the full rate for 11 months or pro rated for 1 month and charged for 12 months but it makes no sense to wait until the end of the month to invoice for that new term (12 months in this case)

This is other real case that show blesta need to be adapted for hosting industry. if i have a client that is ready to pay for extend his service to 12 MONTH , blesta bill him only for what the diference between now and end date of the actual term . so if teh end date of the term is in the next 3 month, we will cover only 3 month, and after maybe his can change mind and do not renew !!! and before he was ready to pay for 12 month so we will lose 9 month of payment only because blesta do this like this !!!!

Normally blesta should do us the fallowing :

Calcul how mush we should return to the clients as credit to make the end date now

create new invoice for the ne full term, and and the credit to invoice, allow client to pay then update the renew date to reflect the Now + the ne term chosen .

and of course it should make in consideration that the actual term is monthly and the old term is yearly ect ...

On 3/19/2018 at 8:19 AM, Blesta Addons said:

Calcul how mush we should return to the clients as credit to make the end date now

create new invoice for the ne full term, and and the credit to invoice, allow client to pay then update the renew date to reflect the Now + the ne term chosen .

I will look into this. It does make sense. Prorate remainder left from today, then full charge the new term and bump the renew date from today + term (ie today + 1 year). I think this would be less confusing.