Database connection FAILED, with all requirements set.

tools

Question

Hello,

I've recently downloaded many available versions of Blesta from the official link off the docs,
Whenever I've setup the config to meet requirements, incl. write permissions for SELinux on CentOS 7, and this is the error I get:

Database connection FAILED. Ensure that you have created the database and that the credentials are correct.

I've tried changing the MySQL password hashing from 4.0 compatible to 4.1+ however it didn't solve the issue, as even without a password it still fails to connect.

Seeing as the server's clean until I can get this issue resolved, here's a link to the server's info.php and the blesta installer page for reference.

Thanks in advanced for any suggestions.

7 answers to this question

So this occurs during the setup after you enter your database credentials and click to continue? Do you have any special characters in the password? Might be a good idea to try it with just alphanumeric characters to rule that out. Do you have SSH? You can check the connection via command line:

mysql -u USERNAME -p DATABASENAME

29 minutes ago, Paul said:

So this occurs during the setup after you enter your database credentials and click to continue? Do you have any special characters in the password? Might be a good idea to try it with just alphanumeric characters to rule that out. Do you have SSH? You can check the connection via command line:

mysql -u USERNAME -p DATABASENAME

Yes sir, the error happens on the installation page where the database credentials are specified.
I've tried using an alphanumeric password and it didn't work, neither did not having a password at all, weirdly.

Works fine through SSH, MariaDB connects and selects the database just fine.
I've put phpmyadmin on the server, and it's able to alter database settings also, meaning it's not an apache, mysql nor php problem, I'm guessing; link

14 minutes ago, tools said:

Works fine through SSH, MariaDB connects and selects the database just fine.
I've put phpmyadmin on the server, and it's able to alter database settings also, meaning it's not an apache, mysql nor php problem, I'm guessing; link

Your PHP has PDO mysql support? Something must be off.. and I assume your password is alphanumeric only?

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Your PHP has PDO mysql support? Something must be off.. and I assume your password is alphanumeric only?

Should have, it's reported loaded in both the installer & in the info.php;
JYZlexQ.png

And yes sir, password's alphanumeric.

Well then, that's unusual. I haven't a clue what it could be.

Have you tried a CLI install? Same problem?

php ./index.php install

If you'd like me to check it out, you can PM me details for MySQL, URL to install, and SSH details to the server. (Or open a ticket instead)

18 hours ago, Paul said:

Well then, that's unusual. I haven't a clue what it could be.

Have you tried a CLI install? Same problem?

If you'd like me to check it out, you can PM me details for MySQL, URL to install, and SSH details to the server. (Or open a ticket instead)

----------------------------------------
Blesta CLI Installer
----------------------------------------
Please acknowledge your agreement to the terms and conditions as explained at

http://www.blesta.com/license/

Do you agree? (Y/N): Y
Performing system requirements check...
You will now be asked to enter your database credentials.
Database host (default localhost): localhost
Database name: blestabilling
Database user: blesta
Database password:
Attempting to verify database credentials...
Connection FAILED. Ensure that you have created the database and that
                    the credentials are correct.

I haven't purchased a Blesta license yet, so I don't know how I'd go about making a support ticket sorry.
I am however able to provide you with ssh details to the server so that you can connect and take a look yourself, thank you kindly for the offer by the way.

On 3/24/2018 at 10:03 AM, tools said:

I haven't purchased a Blesta license yet, so I don't know how I'd go about making a support ticket sorry.
I am however able to provide you with ssh details to the server so that you can connect and take a look yourself, thank you kindly for the offer by the way.

You can open a ticket here.  You can also email sales --<at>-- blesta.com

https://account.blesta.com/