[SOLVED] 4.2.2 high cpu

MDHMatt

Question

Hi just upgraded to 4.2.2 and im noticing the system hanging from time to time and causing very high cpu usage to the point where i have to ssh into the system and either reboot or kill/reboot the apache service

Anyone else had this or can help? was working great before on 4.1

8 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, MDHMatt said:

physical server with proxmox 4 running centos 7 with cpanel in vm. i have just upgraded to php 7 also. are there any issues with php7.2?

Have no clue don't run on php 7.2 yet on the production blesta still running php 5.6 so no clue but see you changed your name ginner159 lol

Under what circumstances do you notice the system hanging? Perhaps a cron task is taking a lot of resources at that particular time? If so, it'd be useful to know what cron task is currently running. The following query may help you identify any running cron tasks if executed when you notice the performance degradation

SELECT `cron_tasks`.* 
FROM `log_cron` 
INNER JOIN `cron_task_runs` ON `cron_task_runs`.`id` = `log_cron`.`run_id`
INNER JOIN `cron_tasks` ON `cron_tasks`.`id` = `cron_task_runs`.`task_id`
WHERE `log_cron`.`end_date` IS NULL 
AND `log_cron`.`run_id` != 0;

sorry for late reply. After runnig i get this

Current selection does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox, Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available. 

Showing rows 0 -  0 (1 total, Query took 0.0209 seconds.)

Switch to visual builder

SELECT `cron_tasks`.* 
FROM `log_cron` 
INNER JOIN `cron_task_runs` ON `cron_task_runs`.`id` = `log_cron`.`run_id`
INNER JOIN `cron_tasks` ON `cron_tasks`.`id` = `cron_task_runs`.`task_id`
WHERE `log_cron`.`end_date` IS NULL 
AND `log_cron`.`run_id` != 0;

8    deliver_invoices    NULL    CronTasks.crontask.name.deliver_invoices    CronTasks.crontask.description.deliver_invoices    1    interval    

Which task specifically is causing it? If you can't tell, you can disable all tasks under Settings > Company > Automation, run the cron, then slowly re-enable and run the cron to see which is causing it.

Haven't heard of anyone else experiencing high load with 4.2, so I'm interested to know what the cause is.

Also, it might be helpful to check the log. Settings > System > General shows the path to your log directory. Take a look at the logs in that directory, maybe there is an error that will be helpful.