Payment Accounts

NextToNothing

Hello,

As far as I can tell, payment accounts are practically useless when encryption is enabled in Blesta?

A client can't select any existing accounts when paying an invoice or ordering a new service. However, they can still add, edit, and manage existing accounts - as well as save their new payment method - which seems kind of pointless if they cant ever use them?

The exact code used for rendering payment accounts in the pay selection screen:

if (!empty($payment_accounts) && !$this->Html->ifSet($require_passphrase)) {

If you set a private key passphrase you are preventing Blesta from running cards automatically, and you should process cards manually under Billing > Batch. Hopefully the note at the top of that page is clear:

WARNING: Setting a passphrase will prevent locally stored payment accounts from being automatically processed. You will be required to manually batch payments by entering your passphrase.

• 2 months later...

Ok. Then there should probably be an option to disable Payment Accounts?

1) if I don't want clients to use them. But also, 2) when I have no merchant gateways and have explicitly disabled both "Credit Card" and "ACH" in Settings > Company > Accepted Payment Types... the nav item still shows and the page is accessible?

Also note that the information given to the client is a bit misleading then. Should probably hide this text if encryption is enabled.

Payment accounts allow you to keep payment information on file and may be used to pay invoices.

• Tyson locked this topic