Limit Term for Domain Transfers

Jonathan

Not all registrars allow you to extend a domain at the same time as transferring it.  Does Blesta have any way to  limit the available billing terms if transfer is chosen?

https://github.com/NETLINK/Blesta-Namesilo/issues/20

Limiting billing terms for domains to only be able to be registered for one year is not a good solution so I'm hoping that there's something I'm not thinking of to let the module gain some control over the displayed terms since terms only pops up after you've already chosen register or transfer.

I have asked BA for this in a private work and his answer was thier no way to do it with blesta.

The pricing shema in blesta are limited to registration, activation fee and cancelation fee . If blesta add transfer fee and renew fee it will open more oportunities to us .

• 1 month later...

Sorry to butt in here in an oldish thread, but I was curious about how this could as well - specifically for Australian domains (obviously not from NameSilo, but similar topic so didn't want to start a new one).

The [com/net/org/id].au names are generally allowed to be transferred between registrars (or resellers) with no fee incurred, but the expiration date is not modified. Domains under .au are also only allowed to be registered for periods of 2 years, renewal only allowed within the final 90 days to expiration. A rather hefty fee is incurred for changing the registrant at any point in time, but that's out of scope here.

I'm guessing Blesta wouldn't handle this kind of free transfer without expiration modification either ey?..

i'm totally curios to see where blesta arrived in term of domains ?

i already suggested a solution that will not need a lot of changing core files in this post .

The idea is to add another prices fields, like the setup field, called renew, transfer. then we call them when we need them. this idea we have tested it and it has worked in our test server, not in a real production, but with it we can set price for transfer, and price for renewal ect .. we have tweaked only some files, if i remember well, they are , Packages Model, Pricings Model, Services Model, Invoices Model, Order Plugin. the dirty work was in the function getLinesForServices() ;  maybe it was not tested so long we have just tried order domain by transfer and domain by registration .

i'm Still Insist Blesta is not the best billing system for webhosters .