[Module] NameSilo Domain Module

Jonathan

8 minutes ago, Charlie said:

Is this being maintained?

Yes and no.  There's not active work being done on it right now but also there are no known major bugs, but it could use some TLC.  I've been inundated with work as of late on some big datacenter moves so I've not given it any love in a while.  As far as I know @NETLINK is still around as well.

I've been in talks with Blesta for a while on sponsoring them (read, paying them) on adding some features to it and taking the whole thing under their wing so to speak but they've not been very responsive.

• 2 months later...
20 hours ago, HostPhoton said:

What do you do after you download from the marketplace? I'm still learning. How do I upload it so it shows up in the modules? Thank you

Don't use from marketplace it is v1.8.4 that I think had some incompatibilities with newer versions of Blesta. I cannot recall specifically but I remember it not working properly. Use GitHub and download the latest code, which should be v1.8.5 at this time. Also the instructions are on the GitHub page.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:03 PM, S.H. said:

Don't use from marketplace it is v1.8.4 that I think had some incompatibilities with newer versions of Blesta. I cannot recall specifically but I remember it not working properly. Use GitHub and download the latest code, which should be v1.8.5 at this time. Also the instructions are on the GitHub page.

We recommend using this version, it will be shipping with Blesta 4.10 https://github.com/blesta/module-namesilo

15 hours ago, Paul said:

We recommend using this version, it will be shipping with Blesta 4.10 https://github.com/blesta/module-namesilo

Will there be an easy way to migrate from the NETLINK/KnownHost modules to the Blesta official one?

Edit: Now that I wrote this I am guessing it will just overwrite the same directory and just work.

Edited by mrrsm
May have figured it out

1 minute ago, mrrsm said:

Will there be an easy way to migrate from the NETLINK/KnownHost modules to the Blesta official one?

Edit: Now that I wrote this I am guessing it will just overwrite the same directory and just work.

It's the same one, just with some updates from Blesta.

On 4/13/2020 at 7:30 PM, Paul said:

I'm a quick learner, but beginner. So i followed the instructions. Went to components/modules/ in my directadmin file manager, and created folder called namesilo. I uploaded zip file into that folder and extracted it. Nothing shows up in settings, modules, available. The originals modules are there that came with Blesta installation, but no name silo. 

What could be the problem. I am a beginner and I appreciate your previous response. Thank you

@Jonathan Hey Jonathan, can you please help quick. So i followed the instructions. Went to components/modules/ in my directadmin file manager, and created folder called namesilo. I uploaded zip file into that folder and extracted it. Nothing shows up in settings, modules, available. The originals modules are there that came with Blesta installation, but no name silo. 

On 4/18/2020 at 9:49 PM, HostPhoton said:

@Jonathan Hey Jonathan, can you please help quick. So i followed the instructions. Went to components/modules/ in my directadmin file manager, and created folder called namesilo. I uploaded zip file into that folder and extracted it. Nothing shows up in settings, modules, available. The originals modules are there that came with Blesta installation, but no name silo. 

You may not have unpacked it correctly. Check that you don't have a /components/modules/namesilo/namesilo/ directory. The contents of the namesilo directory from the zip file should be in /components/module/namesilo/

4 hours ago, Paul said:

You may not have unpacked it correctly. Check that you don't have a /components/modules/namesilo/namesilo/ directory. The contents of the namesilo directory from the zip file should be in /components/module/namesilo/

Okay great it worked. So what happened was the master.blesta.namesilo was the next folder after the namesilo folder. So i went into that folder, copied it all and put it in the namesilo folder and deleted the master.blesta.namesilo folder. This must seem like a complete noob mistake! And it is. Thanks so much for your help Paul. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...