austenite

CPanel ACL

Question

Hi there

Never sold reseller accounts until recently so have only just came across this issue, but the core Blesta CPanel module doesn't appear to pass the ACL (Account Creation Limits) onto the account creation, it can create a reseller account according to the package you've assigned it. However the ACL is something that isn't defined by the package and is something I'm having to modify post account creation. These also aren't defined per the ACL Lists but have to be passed to the server on account creation from Blesta. See my screenshot for the values I'm describing, note that these values aren't defined anywhere when creating a package, nor is there any way to edit or set a 'standard value' for these within WHM. These values are set per account and therefore these have to be set at account creation, is there anyway the core module can have this sort of behaviour implemented and what are others doing to overcome this? 

The WHM API token has full access. 

This was previously brought up here - https://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/7417-setting-up-whm-reseller/ but no fix actually provided, instead the poster used CPanel extended which done the job. I don't want to use the third party module, mainly because it keeps being broken, then fixed then broken and would like to stick to the official module. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 18.39.01.png

10 answers to this question

I'm not totally sure I understand. Is this just a request to be able to set all of these reseller options on the Package in Blesta, if it's a reseller Package? When the reseller account is set, all these items are passed along? If so, does anyone have a list of all the options that should be included, or a screenshot in WHM where they would be set if created manually?

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

I'm not totally sure I understand. Is this just a request to be able to set all of these reseller options on the Package in Blesta, if it's a reseller Package? When the reseller account is set, all these items are passed along? If so, does anyone have a list of all the options that should be included, or a screenshot in WHM where they would be set if created manually?

Hey Paul, 

It would be a request to add those features into the package tool within Blesta and then those values be passed on upon account creation within WHM. With blestas current implementation of this resellers can create an unlimited number of accounts that utilise unlimited space and bandwidth. So resellers aren't limited at at all, whilst the reseller themselves can be limited through a package on WHM, that only limits the reseller themselves and not their resold accounts. 

The values that need to be passed are per my screenshot, the other permissions are managed through an ACL list. I'm happy to create a reseller account on my server for you to take a look at if you'd like. 

I'm not much of a developer so wouldn't be able to provide any evidence of what specific things you'd need to tweak. Simply saying this as an end user of blesta. 

7 minutes ago, austenite said:

Hey Paul, 

It would be a request to add those features into the package tool within Blesta and then those values be passed on upon account creation within WHM. With blestas current implementation of this resellers can create an unlimited number of accounts that utilise unlimited space and bandwidth. So resellers aren't limited at at all, whilst the reseller themselves can be limited through a package on WHM, that only limits the reseller themselves and not their resold accounts. 

The values that need to be passed are per my screenshot, the other permissions are managed through an ACL list. I'm happy to create a reseller account on my server for you to take a look at if you'd like. 

I'm not much of a developer so wouldn't be able to provide any evidence of what specific things you'd need to tweak. Simply saying this as an end user of blesta. 

So only the options in your screenshot? No others? I agree we should do this, but when I create the task I want it to be clearly defined.

What I'll do is double check and report back, I work with cpanel everyday so am pretty confident however am no developer. Also, it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong! 😂

I'll let you know mate, thanks for the response. 

Sorry I forgot to update this, the only values in addition to those already passed by the cpanel module when creating a reseller would be those that I've screenshoted.