i did create an EER Diagram using MySQL Workbench's Reverse Engineer option, but it is not linking the table fields. Although the naming of the tables and sub tables and fields is self explanatory, I am not sure if I should link an id of id_value field to an appropriate table without investigation, because there is no primary foreign key relations on the diagram, thus not in the db.

On 4/25/2018 at 3:22 AM, Chris van der Westhuizen said:

I am not sure if I should link an id of id_value field to an appropriate table without investigation

Don't link an `id_value` column to anything. It relates no table records, rather it is a derived value used in conjunction with `id_format`.

Thank you Tyson.  I completed as complete as possible the EER_Diagram on MySQL Workbench, but do have +/- 10 relationships I am not sure about.  Should I attach the wbs, sql, pdf copy of the layout with the questions here, or should I rather email these files first that we upload them here when done, or make them part of the documentation?  I think if I had something like this, I would have been on the road to success long ago.  I'm not complaining, Thank you very much for the current documentation it helped me very much, as well as this forum. ?

I'd say go ahead and attach the MySQL Workbench file so we can open it, and maybe Tyson can help with those remaining relationships. I'd love to keep a copy of the file on hand, so we can update it going forward, and provide a visual and download within the documentation. Really appreciate the contribution!

13 hours ago, Chris van der Westhuizen said:

Hi Paul, files left the building ?  See your email box. I hope you will like my spiderweb compilation ?

Yes, it is very spiderwebby indeed. ? Fortunately the relationship notation can be changed from spiderweb to UML ?

I forwarded you Tyson's response to your questions.