Age (birthday), and gender for contacts

Blesta Addons

You can create custom client fields, but it looks like they only apply to the primary contact (client contact) and not other contacts. Is this a request to make custom client fields work for other contacts also, or specifically to add these as standard fields?

+1 for gender . Is a great criteria select stats for iur services.

In custom fields the dropdown value  select are not translated as the main field and this make our frontend not fully multi languages.

I prefer to see them in the standard field and defaut to optional .

17 hours ago, Paul said:

You can create custom client fields, but it looks like they only apply to the primary contact (client contact) and not other contacts. Is this a request to make custom client fields work for other contacts also, or specifically to add these as standard fields? 

Personally i prefer to be in the core, and can be for the primary contact or additional contacts, this will make blesta support COPPA laws, for gender field is needed for some industry law firms or any other service provider for social issues.

11 hours ago, activa said:

In custom fields the dropdown value  select are not translated as the main field and this make our frontend not fully multi languages.

this issue i have already talked about it here

4 hours ago, Jonathan said:

If such fields were added to core as opposed to using custom fields it should also be possible to disable them completely as not everyone will want to use these fields or even allow customers to fill them in.

Quite like the current system, first name etc.

4 hours ago, Jonathan said:

If such fields were added to core as opposed to using custom fields it should also be possible to disable them completely as not everyone will want to use these fields or even allow customers to fill them in.

That's the thing.. which makes this 2 feature requests. New fields + ability to hide/disable fields. Right now you can set which are required fields, though First, Last, Email is always required, we'd have to add another option for whether to show the field at all. I think it'd be a good feature, people sure ask enough about removing fields, but it's two feature requests.

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Also, separately, I don't know if we really want to get into the gender debate. ??

That's pretty much my point for having the ability to completely disable it.  As soon as it's there people can/will get offended.  If it's not there, everyone is equal.

2 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

That's pretty much my point for having the ability to completely disable it.  As soon as it's there people can/will get offended.  If it's not there, everyone is equal.

Maybe it can just be a write-in, I dunno.. but I agree, both DOB and gender fields disabled out of the box.

14 hours ago, activa said:

Adding them and make them disabled is better than they not exist at all. My custom case require gender field more than adress2  field .

Why doesn't a custom client field work for you? For language, you can add your own language definitions to the custom language file and use a definition here for the name instead.

gender-field.png

17 minutes ago, Paul said:

Why doesn't a custom client field work for you? For language, you can add your own language definitions to the custom language file and use a definition here for the name instead.

gender-field.png

from my  case i use, but the only issue i have that the select value is not in traslate mode like the field value . in your case, Please Select will not be translated when the client change language, instead of gender we can put it in language file and make it translatable .

23 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

from my  case i use, but the only issue i have that the select value is not in traslate mode like the field value . in your case, Please Select will not be translated when the client change language, instead of gender we can put it in language file and make it translatable .

Maybe the fields, like "Option Name" here should be able to be language definitions. If the fields could be translated, do you still think we should add Birthday and Gender? This would allow any fields to be added, and fully translatable. I think this is better than adding the fields into the core. Someone else will ask for SSN, hair color, or whether the person owns a dog, and custom client fields were intended to allow people to add anything they want.

13 hours ago, Paul said:

Maybe the fields, like "Option Name" here should be able to be language definitions. If the fields could be translated, do you still think we should add Birthday and Gender? This would allow any fields to be added, and fully translatable. I think this is better than adding the fields into the core. Someone else will ask for SSN, hair color, or whether the person owns a dog, and custom client fields were intended to allow people to add anything they want.

For me translated field value also good option, but not sure some fields are universal use like gender  ect ...

others option that will be rock the custom fields are ;

- Option to set Order (1, 2 , ect ...)
- Option to set class or attributes (class, id, data-xxx, ect ... )

what is really good option to add is the user avatar