Username & Password Only

swanseahost

Question

Hi there,

Please could someone assist me with an order form ?  I don't want or need all the details on the signup form as I am offering VPS for secure VPN traffic.  So as little details as needed would be good.

Is there a way to just have the signup ask for a username and password ?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, swanseahost said:

Hi there,

Please could someone assist me with an order form ?  I don't want or need all the details on the signup form as I am offering VPS for secure VPN traffic.  So as little details as needed would be good.

Is there a way to just have the signup ask for a username and password ?

Thanks

You can use blesta universal module for this,add two fields for username and password + set it as required and users will have to set username and password on order form.These two fields will not be related to sign up form...user will still sign up for blesta account first but they will have to set username and password in service/package order form.At this way your users will have blesta account username/password different from service username/password..I mean you should have blesta user registration data to be separeted from service/package  data..

I think you can just convert the fields to hidden, however first_name, last_name, email, username are required.

In /plugins/order/views/templates/wizard/signup.pdt for example (your path may vary depending on order form used) search for first_name, and starting there change $this->Form->fieldText to $this->Form->fieldHidden for each field you want to hide.. probably first_name, last_name, company, address1, address2, city, country, state, zip, phone, fax. For the required fields (first_name, last_name), you may want to just prefill some standard info like "Customer" or something.

I may have time to play around with and test this, and if I do I'll post code you can use, and update the docs so it may be helpful to others.