Blesta Installation - Files not writable by Web-Server

Rokunas

Question

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue when setting up my server to meet the requirements for Blesta Installation. 

image.thumb.png.525db8f3fcdf7c6ded6a4e15c751e840.png

I have installed all the required extensions and set up the database, but I can't figure out how to make the files and directories writable by the web server.

I am currently running CentOS 7 with apache installed. 

I have tried using commands like 

chgrp apache /var/www/html/config
chmod g+w /var/www/html/config

and 

chgrp apache /var/www/html/config/blesta-new.php
chmod g+w /var/www/html/config/blesta-new.php

But that didn't help. 

I then tried using FileZilla and giving those folders and files 777 permissions but that was no good either. 

I'm also having the same problem with the recommended requirements tab, I have installed all the extensions but the one which requires files to be accessed by the web server is unsolvable to me. 

image.thumb.png.f6ff69142ff39f6197aba665e0afb9b9.png

I have tried many different methods and tutorials but can't find a solution. 

I hope you guys could help me out ^_^ 

Thanks, 

Rokas 

12 answers to this question

3 hours ago, evolvewh said:

You need to rename blesta-new.php to blesta.php and then run the installer. It's named blesta-new.php by default to avoid accidentally overwriting this file if you're upgrading in the future.

I renamed blesta-new.php to blesta.php but it still doesn't work ? 

Even tried using the ssh installer but that also gives me the same error. 

EDIT :  I've noticed that when I renamed blesta-new.php to blesta.php and tried doing the command

chgrp apache /var/www/html/config/blesta.php 

it says that the file cannot be found. I have restarted my server few times but the file is still not detectable even though it shows up under LS command. 

On 5/22/2018 at 9:00 PM, evolvewh said:

You need to rename blesta-new.php to blesta.php and then run the installer. It's named blesta-new.php by default to avoid accidentally overwriting this file if you're upgrading in the future.

I just have done this, as I want to get rid of one of both (after upgrade, NOT install) ...Result: blesta doesn't work at all,

If you are upgrading you should NOT delete your blesta.php     You only rename blesta-new.php to blesta.php IF and only if you are doing a new install, if it's an upgrade you can just ignore the blesta-new.php or delete it if you don't like it hanging around.

Also as a suggestion, you should never delete a file if you are not 200% sure of what you are doing, best thing to do would be to rename it to something else so you can move/rename it back if it was not the right thing to do.

If you have your blesta.php from before your upgrade I would suggest restoring it, if not restore your whole account if you have a full backup.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:10 PM, Rokunas said:

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue when setting up my server to meet the requirements for Blesta Installation. 

image.thumb.png.525db8f3fcdf7c6ded6a4e15c751e840.png

I have installed all the required extensions and set up the database, but I can't figure out how to make the files and directories writable by the web server.

I am currently running CentOS 7 with apache installed. 

and 

chgrp apache /var/www/html/config/blesta-new.php
chmod g+w /var/www/html/config/blesta-new.php

But that didn't help. 

I then tried using FileZilla and giving those folders and files 777 permissions but that was no good either. 

I'm also having the same problem with the recommended requirements tab, I have installed all the extensions but the one which requires files to be accessed by the web server is unsolvable to me. 

image.thumb.png.f6ff69142ff39f6197aba665e0afb9b9.png

I have tried many different methods and tutorials but can't find a solution. 

I hope you guys could help me out ^_^ 

Thanks, 

Rokas 

find /home/xxxxxx/public_html/ -type f -exec chmod 0664 '{}' \;

find /home/xxxxx/public_html/ -type d -exec chmod 2775 '{}' \;

# In your servers “root” .bash_profile / .bashrc set:   root account of whm server
add the line “umask 002”

This will delegate root permissions to account for files inside the account owned by nobody or 999

Make sure, “public_html” dir has correct base ownership, likely accountname:nobody

This is what worked for me.  Your mileage my vary ;)

sudo chown www-data /var/www/html/config -R

sudo chgrp www-data /var/www/html/config -R

sudo chmod g+w /var/www/html/config -R

Bonus for cache folder

sudo chown www-data /var/www/html/cache -R

sudo chgrp www-data /var/www/html/cache -R

sudo chmod g+w /var/www/html/cache -R

On 5/22/2018 at 9:10 AM, Rokunas said:

Assuming your installation is in /var/www/html/config and the logs in /var/www/logs_blesta and uploads in /var/www/uploads (all 3 directories are created/managed by blesta), they need to be writable by the web server (assuming apache).

You should use:

chgrp -R apache:apache /var/www/html/config
chgrp -R apache:apache /var/www/logs_blesta
chgrp -R apache:apache /var/www/uploads

to make sure you get the whole directory tree owned by the correct user.