Delete Clients

Evaske

Hey,

I'd like to see the ability to delete clients completely, including their transactions and services etc rather than just deactivating them.

That was brought up before mate, and the reason we don't have the option is because you keep records of transactions etc for legal reasons in some places. 

Normal forums: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/522-delete-invoice-feature/

Beta forums (Locked): http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/214-suggestion-remove-invoices-and-services

And what if I want to delete all the test client data I've been using? It clutters up the system and needs me to go in to the database to remove it all manually.

Yes you would have to manually delete them, however you'll need to delete rows in other tables as they are all linked to that one client. I'm not sure what table have rows linked to one client, Paul, cody or Tyson can help you but it's not recommended.

Yes you would have to manually delete them, however you'll need to delete rows in other tables as they are all linked to that one client. I'm not sure what table have rows linked to one client, Paul, cody or Tyson can help you but it's not recommended.

Personally this is why I love PostgreSQL.  In MySQL you have to create a function to cascade/delete all data owned by a specific user when you delete that record.  In PostgreSQL its there by default.

I.e.: There's 5 records in invoices tied to user ID 1405.  You delete the user 1405 itself, PostgreSQL will automatically know to delete those records under invoices as well (the power of true foreign keys).

• 6 months later...

Personally this is why I love PostgreSQL.  In MySQL you have to create a function to cascade/delete all data owned by a specific user when you delete that record.  In PostgreSQL its there by default.

I.e.: There's 5 records in invoices tied to user ID 1405.  You delete the user 1405 itself, PostgreSQL will automatically know to delete those records under invoices as well (the power of true foreign keys).

Wasn't Blesta using MySQL's InnoDB storage engine (as opposed to MyISAM)?

Thought that had support for foreign key constraints/cascading as well.