[Plugin] Domain Name Suggestions/Spinner

nahanil

Recently got an API key for VeriSign's Name Studio, and thought it'd be a decent opportunity to get my hands dirty with a Blesta integration. I've probably broken all kinds of rules and best-practices in implementing it, but not too far from a workable release.

Early WIP, but there are a few screenshots below.

Curious if anyone would find this useful.

964240275_ScreenShot2018-05-25at12_13_11pm.thumb.png.1fee72c683cf14280f228c6ad53d4348.png

16819821_ScreenShot2018-05-25at12_16_25pm.png.6ffee700b794b79232f93f4a570b59ca.png

EDIT: FWIW if y'all apply for a name studio account now I should have something out by the time they approve your account. It's free, though does have some generous rate-limiting in place (in which case the plugin will just not show any suggestions at this stage).

It's a janky process and took a few days - they called me a few days after applying and spelled the account's default password out character by character ?

Another edit: Feel free to follow along at home/fork and make fantastic - https://github.com/nahanil/blesta-namestudio-plugin

Just now, GosuHost said:

Great work, looks amazing! Do you plan to share this with the public? I think it would be useful to many of us here.

That was the plan I guess. Still needs a bit of love and attention then I'll stick it up on GitHub for you guys to play with.

Just some teasers for now ?

Nice Idea, i think LogicBoxes also has  a option fro the suggesting domains, not yet see a API for it but i think it will exist also in other registrar .

for the integration is a bit complex, as it need a manual edit of files of the order form. it really good to have events for order form :)

4 minutes ago, Blesta Addons said:

Nice Idea, i think LogicBoxes also has  a option fro the suggesting domains, not yet see a API for it but i think it will exist also in other registrar .

for the integration is a bit complex, as it need a manual edit of files of the order form. it really good to have events for order form :)

"Proper" events to target specific pages like would be amazing. My solution is basically a massive hack that inserts a little bit of code in the domain preconfig page. Unfortunately it runs on every page load and guesses in preAction if it's the right page to do the insertion, and then does some AJAX voodoo to pull in the data and build up the table. Wasn't sure how else to do it without modifying any core files.

Also means that it will probably break if someone is using a modified order form/not the template pictured above ?

1 minute ago, texh said:

Wasn't sure how else to do it without modifying any core files.

you can do it without modifying the core file, create a new order type n with it you can add what you want without touching any core file, i have used it before and i have a good result. please check this folder for samples  plugins\order\lib

5 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

Hi,

Isn't this the API request? https://manage.logicboxes.com/kb/answer/1085

Sorry to hijack the thread @texh I like what you've created as well!

@evolvewh Sucks their "v5" API call appears to remove some of the useful options :( Still good to know!

Would be cool to see similar functionality implemented using other providers and plugins though as mentioned.

I just liked the NameStudio implementation as it's free (and I don't currently plan on using any providers w/ LogicBoxes) & pretty flexible. I like that you can get geo-targeted suggestions & the API supports results in several languages (ie, can pass the Blesta users' current language to the API if it's supported and get "better" results).

Not sure how you'd be likely to implement it @Blesta Addons, but this plugin I'm trying to get together should work regardless of the registrar plugin used/support all that are in use in your Blesta site.