tax inclusive

cloudmate

2 minutes ago, evolvewh said:

So you tried using live chat vs. submitting a ticket at account.blesta.com?

Admittedly Paul was responsive on live chat prior to me signing up - I'm sure he could of just asked me to submit a ticket / bug request / whatever alternative - instead of leaving a open live chat for almost a week now.

To be fair, they could be busy or just haven't logged into their live chat, it will say they are away or busy as it doesn't go offline (That's how the live chat works), I have offered to help you above but nothing came out of it. So I don't think it's that important so I recommend you wait until they can help. Paul should be online now the holidays are over.

They are also working  on 4.3.0 according to the dev logs so it could be that reason.

9 hours ago, Blesta.Store said:

To be fair, they could be busy or just haven't logged into their live chat, it will say they are away or busy as it doesn't go offline (That's how the live chat works), I have offered to help you above but nothing came out of it. So I don't think it's that important so I recommend you wait until they can help. Paul should be online now the holidays are over.

They are also working  on 4.3.0 according to the dev logs so it could be that reason.

If someone can't reply in over a week, it's a good problem to have (meaning you're busy) but it's probably time to hire more staff.

Before we take on a new client, we let them know I am a one man band with a couple helpers. The lesson of the day: If  you are a one person shop tell the world so they know what to expect. If you are going on vacation, set a message.

There are plenty of good things about working with a small shop, with a little communication, everyone is happier. If prospects &/or clients cannot or will not work with a small outfit, it's much better to part ways before everyone gets upset.

On 5/28/2018 at 3:33 AM, cloudmate said:

Spoke to paul 4 days ago with no success hasn't got back to me...

Despite setting tax as inclusive its being added to the bill as exclusive $24.95 becomes ~$27.21whats up with that and whats up with live chat with no response for a few days...

14 hours ago, cloudmate said:

Could you elaborate on the issue? It's difficult to assess what value you're referring to is incorrect.

The tax type (inclusive/exclusive) will only control whether the tax amount is displayed as apart of the total or not.

For example, I tested an order for a $1.00 package that is taxed exclusively at 10% for client #1 and taxed inclusively at 10% for client #2.

The tax rates in the examples below are configured as:

• Clients in the US are charged 10% with a tax type of 'Exclusive'. Client #1 is in the US
  • Clients in the UK are charged 10% with a tax type of 'Inclusive'. Client #2 is in the UK

Client #1 (with exclusive tax) sees on the order checkout page:

• Product Price $1.00
  • Subtotal $1.00
  • Tax (10%) $0.10
  • Total $1.00

After placing the order, an invoice is created and the client is charged $1.10. On the order complete page, the client sees:

• Product Price $1.00
  • Subtotal $1.00
  • Tax (10%) $0.10
  • PAID $1.10

----

Client #2 (with inclusive tax) sees on the order checkout page:

• Product Price $1.00
  • Subtotal $1.00
  • Tax (10%) $0.10
  • Total $1.10

After placing the order, an invoice is created and the client is charged $1.10. On the order complete page, the client sees:

• Product Price $1.00
  • Subtotal $1.00
  • Tax (10%) $0.10
  • PAID $1.10

How do these examples I described differ for you? What value is incorrect and what do you expect it to be?

Inclusive = Part of the price.

Exclusive = Added to the price.

"What is inclusive of VAT?

Correct use of the terms VAT inclusive and exclusive. ... Therefore the term VAT INCLUSIVE must be used when describing a price that already includes the tax, and the term VAT EXCLUSIVE when describing a price to which tax is yet to be added to arrive at the final cost."

I didn't bother to test "exclusive" in blesta as you know thats not what I wanted... but its clear based on your examples that your terminology is incorrect to mine.

11 hours ago, cloudmate said:

Inclusive = Part of the price.

Exclusive = Added to the price.

"What is inclusive of VAT?

Correct use of the terms VAT inclusive and exclusive. ... Therefore the term VAT INCLUSIVE must be used when describing a price that already includes the tax, and the term VAT EXCLUSIVE when describing a price to which tax is yet to be added to arrive at the final cost."

I didn't bother to test "exclusive" in blesta as you know thats not what I wanted... but its clear based on your examples that your terminology is incorrect to mine.

I have to say I do agree with this unless this is how we British do it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had issues with this after upgrading from version 4 to 4.2.2 the other day after running in Excluding mode since V2 suddenly it was calculating wrong in 4.2.2 but only on the preview screen when adding a service the invoice would actually be right else was right.

Very confusing, needs some work that's for sure!

Australian here so GST (our version of VAT) is handled in the same manner.

3 hours ago, Paul said:

I agree some further changes are necessary.

With VAT Inclusive, do you expect to define the price on the Package with tax included? Or do you still expect it to add VAT to the package price, but show it as a single price?

So in the UK we do this mate:

Inclusive:

Total: £3.00

Including VAT @20%: £0.60

Exclusive:

Subtotal: £3.00

VAT @20%: £0.60

Total: £3.60

or something like that.

3 hours ago, Blesta.Store said:

So in the UK we do this mate:

Inclusive:

Exclusive:

Total: £3.60

or something like that.

So if the package price is £2.40, is the following correct?

Inclusive

Exclusive

Subtotal: £2.40

Either way, the customer pays £3.00. You just show the tax inclusive in the total or exclusive not in the total?

2 hours ago, Tyson said:

Inclusive

Exclusive

Either way, the customer pays £3.00. You just show the tax inclusive in the total or exclusive not in the total?

From my side this is correct .

You sure that's right? Here in Australia (GST is 10%) 

Inclusive would be:

Subtotal $3.00
GST Portion (10%): $0.30
Total: $3.00

Exclusive would be:

Subtotal: $2.40
GST Portion (10%): $0.24
Total: $2.64

In your example you tell me 20% of  £3 is £0.60 but it also tells me 20% of  £2.40 is $0.60 and it's not, it's  £0.48.

EDIT: If the Blesta developers want someone from Australia that has a good understanding of Australian taxation I'll stick my hand up. Sales tax really shouldn't be that complicated though you've done the hard part in appeasing for cascading taxes it's just now a matter of straightening it out in my opinion.

The example was mainly to determine what the expectation is for where tax amounts appear in the totals listed. I believe I understand the differences you're striving for, but to reiterate, could you provide the amount values for the following example?

EXAMPLE PRODUCT:
Price: 100.00 (taxable)
Setup Fee: 5.00 (not taxable)
Tax rate: 10%

Inclusive

Subtotal: ?
Tax: ?
Total: ?
Invoice Total (what the client is charged): ?

Exclusive

Subtotal: ?
Tax: ?
Total: ?
Invoice Total (what the client is charged): ?

9 hours ago, Tyson said:

Price: 100.00 (taxable)

The issue is here, for Inclusive , we enter the price with tax included in the price, so in the package pricing we should enter 110.00 and not 100.00 .

the tax value is shown for informative info and not calculated with total or the subtotal .

Inclusive

Subtotal: 115.000
Tax: 10.00
Total: 115.00
Invoice Total (what the client is charged): 115.00

Exclusive

Subtotal: 105
Tax: 10
Total: 115
Invoice Total (what the client is charged): 115

this is what we have in our country .

On 6/14/2018 at 12:47 AM, Tyson said:

Inclusive

Exclusive

Yes mate :)

On 6/15/2018 at 6:50 PM, Blesta Addons said:

The issue is here, for Inclusive , we enter the price with tax included in the price, so in the package pricing we should enter 110.00 and not 100.00 .

the tax value is shown for informative info and not calculated with total or the subtotal .

Inclusive

Subtotal: 115.000
Tax: 10.00
Total: 115.00
Invoice Total (what the client is charged): 115.00

Exclusive

Subtotal: 105
Tax: 10
Total: 115
Invoice Total (what the client is charged): 115

this is what we have in our country .

I'd be happy with that. Makes more sense, and is more in line with what other products do (Thinking things like Magento etc. as an example).

What would be great also, is to be able to set a default country for the Order plugin, for us we never list the tax exclusive price so I've always had to modify the order templates to factor in tax before they get to the checkout and can see the breakdown. Being able to select a default country to determine the taxes and display the pricing based of the inclusive\exclusive setting would be able to keep everyone happy.

Literally no idea what blesta addons is saying... 

This is the only correct way of calculating inclusive and exclusive.

Inclusive

Subtotal: $95.91
Tax: $9.09
Total: $105.00
Invoice Total (what the client is charged): $105.00

Exclusive

Subtotal: $105.00
Tax: $10.00
Total: $115.00
Invoice Total (what the client is charged): $115.00