Client Inactive Status

evolvewh

This is to continue what was started here: 

When a client is marked 'inactive', they should still be able to login to Blesta. There may be a period of time where they do not have any active services but they want to come back and order in the future. As of now, they would have to create a new account and start all over again if an admin has their account marked as inactive.

I feel a new setting and/or status should be made to disable login only if that's what a site admin wants to do.

We like to mark clients as inactive so that we can get a more accurate idea of how many of our clients are actually active but there have been plenty of times where an 'inactive' client comes back in the following months / years to place a new order for services.

Please consider this request and provide feedback.

but why they should in inactive status ?

i think the term 'inactive' status in Blesta has a different meaning from the inactivity status .

so, in your meaning, inactive = users has no activities or services since X time , in Blesta Inactive = users hasn't the permissions to do anything in the system but they exist .

Since Blesta has monolog loggin system for users, The Best Solution what i see to conjoint your idea with the actual Blesta Shema, is to make a new plugin, firstly we need create users group called 'idle' or anything else . then from the plugin a cronjob to fetch users activtities and see latest activity for each user, then if the user meet the requirement of X time last activity and the user has no active service/invoice/ticket ect ... then move it to the new client group, so the users can login to his account, and from admin side the staff can know that the users is in inactive mode .

1 hour ago, Paul said:

I think this would address your concern: https://dev.blesta.com/browse/CORE-2222

It proposes a 4th status of "Closed" to client accounts, so that we would have:

• Active
  • Inactive
  • Fraud
  • Closed

And then the "Inactive" status behavior would change, and clients could login, etc.. unless it was "Closed".

That seems like it will work or even for simplicity, the ability to toggle on/off the ability to login if it was easier to implement. This would be a manual action done by the admin.

4 hours ago, evolvewh said:

That seems like it will work or even for simplicity, the ability to toggle on/off the ability to login if it was easier to implement. This would be a manual action done by the admin.

Each status will behave a certain way, so Inactive to login, Closed no login. It may make sense for us to add a tooltip or something to indicate how each status works so it's obvious to admins, but I think the current status toggle will work without the need to add a new separate option for disabling login.