Order Form For General...

1983ltd

Question

Any ideas why nothing shows up here... I have multiple packages in each that work is used in Domain registration and other mode.... Just not in a general form..

What im trying to do is create a form that users can buy a domain and set up the hosting for it in one go....

post-2347-0-21721200-1380849498_thumb.pn

10 answers to this question

For a domain and hosting, your better of using the Domain and other order form. As for that I believe that's your exchange rates.

Go to: admin/settings/company/currencies/setup/ and then do the following:

Tick Allow Client to Set Currency

and untick Use Package Pricing for New Services Only.

I tried the domain and other form, but it only lets me choose a domain and checkout, no mention of hosting, een tho I have the hosting group added to the form...?

After you've got to click on order other items.

My video on another member's billing system will show you, it's on: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1079-domain-services-on-order-form/#entry8814

Seriously? WTF.... I thought the silly checkout process would have gone in V3.... If you create a Domain and Other it should be choose domain, then next page, choose other, then checkout.... How do I tell joe public that they have to click on order other???

So On my site I have to say, Click here to choose a domain and hosting package.... PS Don't forget to click order other items for the hosting part.... Ridiculous...!

Also, Iv just noticed you have to ask them to fill out their domain twice, once to register, then click other items (Which buy the way I didnt even notice that button until now) then enter the same domain again...

Possibly the worst user check out experience ever...

For hosting you have to assign a domain to it.

For every other site iv registered a domain with and taken out hosting you only enter it once... 

Page 1, what domain would you like?

Page 2, Would you like hosting with that?

Page 3, How will you be paying...

The domain should be pulled through the from from the beginning.

There is no need to complicate things, people order a domain and assign hosting to that same domain, not another domain.

Maybe add some extra domain TLD's at the end to point to it, but tahts about it...

Instead with the form in Blesta it goes like this right???

Step 1, what domain would you like?

Step 2, Checkout? No. Go back to page 1

Step 3, Click other items.

Step 4, choose hosting,

Step 5, what was the domain again?

Step 6 Checkout.

Is it just me or can this be done so much better?

For every other site iv registered a domain with and taken out hosting you only enter it once... 

Page 1, what domain would you like?

Page 2, Would you like hosting with that?

Page 3, How will you be paying...

The domain should be pulled through the from from the beginning.

There is no need to complicate things, people order a domain and assign hosting to that same domain, not another domain.

Maybe add some extra domain TLD's at the end to point to it, but tahts about it...

Instead with the form in Blesta it goes like this right???

Step 1, what domain would you like?

Step 2, Checkout? No. Go back to page 1

Step 3, Click other items.

Step 4, choose hosting,

Step 5, what was the domain again?

Step 6 Checkout.

Is it just me or can this be done so much better?

That my friend would be a feature request :D as that could be done with a all in one page cart and the other providers you have used are probably using a competition software beginning with a W.