Jump to content
Blesta Addons

Feed Plugin, Feed not removed from home widget

Recommended Posts

The widget on the admin dashboard will unsubscribe you from the feed. It will delete the feed if the feed only exists for your user account and it does not exist under Settings > Plugins > Manage (feed reader).

If the feed exists on the plugin itself under Settings > Plugins > Manage (feed reader), it is a "default feed". This means if the user is not subscribed to any feeds, they will be subscribed to the default feeds. For example, if you go to the admin dashboard and remove all feeds, you will automatically be resubscribed to the default feeds defined under Settings > Plugins > Manage (feed reader) even if you had just removed it. This can give the illusion that removing a feed did not work--it did, but the default feeds were resubscribed to them automatically. Is this the behavior you're experiencing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Tyson said:

This can give the illusion that removing a feed did not work--it did, but the default feeds were resubscribed to them automatically. Is this the behavior you're experiencing?

so this is the issue i think, if a staff want to unsbscribe from feed it should be exist.

automatically be resubscribed to the default feeds is bad behavior. do you think it logical should be changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think any change is necessary, unless it were clarification that the default feeds will remain in the message when performing a delete. To get around it in your install, you can remove the default feeds from the plugin config as described.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Paul said:

To get around it in your install, you can remove the default feeds from the plugin config as described.

You can just manage the Feed Reader plugin under Settings > Plugins > "Manage" (Feed Reader) and delete the feeds there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tyson said:

You can just manage the Feed Reader plugin under Settings > Plugins > "Manage" (Feed Reader) and delete the feeds there. 

if i delete the feed is deleted from all subscriber staff. i want only allow staff to unsubscribe from feeds without deleting them from the manager. because maybe other staff use it .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

if i delete the feed is deleted from all subscriber staff. i want only allow staff to unsubscribe from feeds without deleting them from the manager. because maybe other staff use it .

So in other words, the Feed Reader should support not subscribing to any feeds? The idea of it is that when no feeds are subscribed to, staff are automatically subscribed to the default feeds for the plugin. This is useful, for instance, when adding a new staff member--they don't have to configure the feed reader since they'll start with the default feeds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, activa said:

I like the way the new staff are auto subscribed to the default them .

For me not the same, i want to allow my staff and me to choose which feed they want to see, and why not allow them add their own feeds !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

For me not the same, i want to allow my staff and me to choose which feed they want to see

Currently, they can see any feeds they wish to so long as they don't remove all of the feeds. Once you remove all of the feeds (i.e. even the default feeds), all of the default feeds will be re-added.

1 hour ago, Blesta Addons said:

and why not allow them add their own feeds !!! 

They can add their own feeds to their widget. Is this a request for them to add default feeds to the Feed Reader plugin (i.e. what you can do under Settings > Plugins > "Manage" (Feed Reader))?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tyson said:

They can add their own feeds to their widget. Is this a request for them to add default feeds to the Feed Reader plugin (i.e. what you can do under Settings > Plugins > "Manage" (Feed Reader))? 

Yes, in my account i can add the bfed, but not tested with other staff account, maybe a permission required in ACL . i will check this when i come to office next monday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×