Logos as settings

Blesta Addons

it would be better if Blesta make the logos (client/admin) side as a settings . that way we can upload our custom logos and change them when we want without touching the default template files. it will help also for users that use the default theme to re-upload their logos every time they upgrade in a major release .

if no custom logos is uploaded or set them show the default one :)

40 minutes ago, Greg-Mega said:

Isn't this already possible by editing the "Theme" under "Look and Feel". Down the very bottom is a field for a "Header Logo" which can be a URL to an image. This is the same for client and admin themes or are you talking about the fav icon or something else?

your are talking about custom url , i'm talking about uploading them to a custom folder or upload folder. the actual behavior we need to set custom url in every Color Scheme. and the most used color scheme in v4 are FOUR, that hasn't  the option to edit !

2 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

your are talking about custom url , i'm talking about uploading them to a custom folder or upload folder. the actual behavior we need to set custom url in every Color Scheme. and the most used color scheme in v4 are FOUR, that hasn't  the option to edit !

You'd have to export the FOUR theme, then import it, and then you can add the logo URL. I see how this is a bit unfriendly, and we can probably improve that.

Regarding the logo image, if we allow it to be uploaded through Blesta, it would probably still be unique to the theme under Look and Feel. Also, files uploaded through Blesta go into the uploads directory which we recommend not be publicly accessible, so it might be necessary to serve the logo via PHP if we store it in the same way.

13 hours ago, Paul said:

You'd have to export the FOUR theme, then import it, and then you can add the logo URL. I see how this is a bit unfriendly, and we can probably improve that.

Regarding the logo image, if we allow it to be uploaded through Blesta, it would probably still be unique to the theme under Look and Feel. Also, files uploaded through Blesta go into the uploads directory which we recommend not be publicly accessible, so it might be necessary to serve the logo via PHP if we store it in the same way.

I think the logo image could be encoded in Base64 and saved as a company setting in the database. Probably a very large image could affect performance, so before encoding, it should be resized and perhaps compressed. Although I don't know if it can affect performance in a real-life scenario.

On 6/13/2018 at 5:02 PM, Paul said:

We can set the upload directory and make other than uploads .

or we can serve image from php by the Download Componenents