Small Business Website Development Company or Developer?

MineHarvest66

Hello, I am looking to setup a small website hosting business however while I am quite versed with the IT aspects in order to support myself and eventually my clients. I am not so well with making the website itself. Does anyone know of a company or a developer that can do this for me? All without the seemly demands of paying his/her monthly rent in full?

Thanks in advance!

Just hire the freelancer and do one-time payment, to be honest they give so many revisions in so affordable budget. Hiring someone from company will surely cost lot of money and of course their policies will have many limitations, so freelancer will be a good choice.

4 hours ago, Lampard said:

Just hire the freelancer and do one-time payment, to be honest they give so many revisions in so affordable budget. Hiring someone from company will surely cost lot of money and of course their policies will have many limitations, so freelancer will be a good choice.

Thank you for your contribution, if you or anyone else knows such a person who can probably fulfills this well for me on a budget then feel free to let me know. :)

1 minute ago, TylerBun said:

I agree with Lampard. A freelancer would be ideal for this. I don't know anyone personally though. You'll just have to browse a site like Upwork and I'm sure you'll find a decent candidate.

I tried that before but I ended up getting short changed. I would prefer if it came with a guarantee that I will like it or my money back. Or "you don't need to pay for it until it completed to your expectations".   Given that when I paid for that over at Fivver I needed another whole 2 MONTHS to find TWO people to help me repair it... 

But thanks you for the thoughts regardless. 

On 6/16/2018 at 4:50 PM, MineHarvest66 said:

Thank you for your contribution, if you or anyone else knows such a person who can probably fulfills this well for me on a budget then feel free to let me know. :)

I know few freelancers that are into web development, PM me your requirements and budget. I will contact them and see if they can fulfill your requirements.

On 6/16/2018 at 2:17 PM, MineHarvest66 said:

I tried that before but I ended up getting short changed. I would prefer if it came with a guarantee that I will like it or my money back. Or "you don't need to pay for it until it completed to your expectations".   Given that when I paid for that over at Fivver I needed another whole 2 MONTHS to find TWO people to help me repair it... 

But thanks you for the thoughts regardless. 

sadly you wont get a you like it or no payment from a reliable designers, it should be 50% up front and 50% at finish or 4x 25%. 

I recommend Harzem if you can afford him harzemdesigns.com, otherwise try Zomex.

1 hour ago, Blesta.Store said:

sadly you wont get a you like it or no payment from a reliable designers, it should be 50% up front and 50% at finish or 4x 25%. 

I recommend Harzem if you can afford him harzemdesigns.com, otherwise try Zomex.

I had two (they left and I am not even in that community anymore for other reasons) not paid until I saw the finished product on their test location. Of course your not getting the files until it's paid in full but to see the finished product AND agreeing to pay for that? That should be in reach.  

Just like "test driving" a car or getting a trial license before paying for either of these.  

2 hours ago, Lampard said:

I know few freelancers that are into web development, PM me your requirements and budget. I will contact them and see if they can fulfill your requirements.

Seems like a plan. Thanks in advance. :)

8 hours ago, MineHarvest66 said:

I had two (they left and I am not even in that community anymore for other reasons) not paid until I saw the finished product on their test location. Of course your not getting the files until it's paid in full but to see the finished product AND agreeing to pay for that? That should be in reach.  

Just like "test driving" a car or getting a trial license before paying for either of these.  

Seems like a plan. Thanks in advance. :)

Well if someone has worked on a design they should be paid for it imo, but they should design it to your requirements show you updates and tweak it to how you want. Not just finish it and someone goes nah dont like it. Id be like could have told me earlier... If you get me?

12 minutes ago, Blesta.Store said:

Well if someone has worked on a design they should be paid for it imo, but they should design it to your requirements show you updates and tweak it to how you want. Not just finish it and someone goes nah dont like it. Id be like could have told me earlier... If you get me?

Not it comes out half butted that it required previous works. I want PROOF that the design was done to functioning and satisfaction.     

Just like being able to test drive a car on the lot or at least the dealer willing to drive it with you in it right? Despite the dealer may be wasting their time, mileages on the vehicle, wear and tear and so on.  

1 hour ago, MineHarvest66 said:

Not it comes out half butted that it required previous works. I want PROOF that the design was done to functioning and satisfaction.     

Just like being able to test drive a car on the lot or at least the dealer willing to drive it with you in it right? Despite the dealer may be wasting their time, mileages on the vehicle, wear and tear and so on.  

You're misreading my replies, i said they should show you... You can try a private demo and give constructed feedback but the designers shouldnt work for air.

16 minutes ago, Blesta.Store said:

You're misreading my replies, i said they should show you... You can try a private demo and give constructed feedback but the designers shouldnt work for air.

Ahh I see what you meant now absolutely. That how one of them did much work on a site and beside minor errors it was "ready" and thus he said he would be fixing it while I make the payment. Then 30 minutes after I made said payment I got the files and there was like 2 "odd balls" and he gave it the final "whack" it needed.  

11 hours ago, MineHarvest66 said:

Ahh I see what you meant now absolutely. That how one of them did much work on a site and beside minor errors it was "ready" and thus he said he would be fixing it while I make the payment. Then 30 minutes after I made said payment I got the files and there was like 2 "odd balls" and he gave it the final "whack" it needed.  

Unless you know the designer in person always get the files first or use a middleman. I hope you get a nice design mate sorted. 

I have had to spend countless hours fixing shotty website work done by freelancers and single-developer contractors. While you can find good freelancers from time to time, this is unlikely. Remember you get what you pay for. That said, you should probably break your website construction into two: design, and functionality. First have someone create the design you want, then have someone else integrate it and make it work.

1 hour ago, Tyson said:

Remember you get what you pay for.

I would kindly like to explain why I feel there more to this rather than "throwing more money at it". For simplicity stakes...  

Let's pretend that... 

Car A: $10,000 it's can speed up to 50MPH and gives you on average of 16MPG   

Car B: $16,000 it's can speed up to 80MPH and gives you on average of 20MPG   

Car C: $8,000 it's can speed up to 24MPH (slow moving vehicle) and gives you on average 10MPG  

According to what you said it is said that Car B is ALWAYS the "best way to go". While it boasts the "highest" specs does that means that Car B is worth the higher cost per unit of specification?  

Meaning that unless you value something else of Car B for the extra over-headed costs (for example it's MAX speed) rather it's value. Then I would buy Car A any day. Since it only a $2,000 different and that $2,000 extra gives you SO MUCH more than the $8,000 version (car C).  

See what I means?

You can certainly find value without paying a premium price, but there's always a tradeoff, and that tends to be quality and robustness. If car A works for you in the context you need it to, then that's perfect! But things are not always what they seem, especially the things you can't see and they know you can't see.

From my experience, based on your example, you buy Car A but it will perform like Car C, and when you take it to a mechanic they look it over and tell you, "This is actually a motorcycle, not a car."