Force email as username

breeze

Question

Hi all,

During the client signup process, either from the admin side or the order form, there is the option to select "use email as username" or "Specify a username"

I want to remove the option to specify a username / essentially forcing email as the only username type.

Any ideas? Thanks

7 answers to this question

Hi @breeze

I've only had a quick look into it but you could just edit the orderform signup.pdt so it's not an option, maybe make a hidden field to pass the pram back to blesta

<div class="radio">
<label>
	<?php
	$this->Form->fieldRadio('username_type', 'email', ($this->Html->ifSet($vars->username_type, 'email') == 'email'), ['id'=>'username_type_email']);
	$this->_('Signup.index.field_username_type_email');
	?>
</label>
</div>
<div class="radio">
  <label>
    <?php
	$this->Form->fieldRadio('username_type', 'username', ($this->Html->ifSet($vars->username_type) == 'username'), ['id'=>'username_type_username']);
	$this->_('Signup.index.field_username_type_username');
?>
  </label>
</div>

Change that to a hidden field with a name and ID as 'username_type' and the value of 'email' i think would work, or you could just remove the username option both may or may not work and would require testing.

46 minutes ago, breeze said:

Hi all,

During the client signup process, either from the admin side or the order form, there is the option to select "use email as username" or "Specify a username"

I want to remove the option to specify a username / essentially forcing email as the only username type. 

Any ideas? Thanks

This feature was requested a so many times in so many old thread, not sure why is not accepted to the moments !

12 hours ago, WebhostingNZ.com said:

Hi @breeze

I've only had a quick look into it but you could just edit the orderform signup.pdt so it's not an option, maybe make a hidden field to pass the pram back to blesta

<div class="radio">
<label>
	<?php
	$this->Form->fieldRadio('username_type', 'email', ($this->Html->ifSet($vars->username_type, 'email') == 'email'), ['id'=>'username_type_email']);
	$this->_('Signup.index.field_username_type_email');
	?>
</label>
</div>
<div class="radio">
  <label>
    <?php
	$this->Form->fieldRadio('username_type', 'username', ($this->Html->ifSet($vars->username_type) == 'username'), ['id'=>'username_type_username']);
	$this->_('Signup.index.field_username_type_username');
?>
  </label>
</div>

Change that to a hidden field with a name and ID as 'username_type' and the value of 'email' i think would work, or you could just remove the username option both may or may not work and would require testing.

Yes you can just edit the files, and in every upgrade you need to re-edit the files, some other users hasn't the knowledge to do ti .

a simple settings in admin settings can do the trick !!! and it will take just a minutes to complete the work .

8 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

Yes you can just edit the files, and in every upgrade you need to re-edit the files, some other users hasn't the knowledge to do ti .

a simple settings in admin settings can do the trick !!! and it will take just a minutes to complete the work .

@Blesta Addons I 100% agree with you it would be great if there was a setting to force either or.  I would personally use it and force email only.  I have a few times told customers their client area login is their email address only to find out after I've sent the email it's not.

@breeze  You could also ask for a developer to make the quick change for you for a small price, one of the massive benefits to Blesta is the ability to change things to suit your own needs without needing to wait forever for an update and a setting.  I know there is a list of people who make modules / plugins for blesta on request (and payment) I've seen Paul link it a few times, maybe someone who knows the link could post it below for breeze.  (I think Blesta Addons is one?)