Sort Order For Packages?

Alex

I didn't see that either. I would like some way to sort a variety of things within blesta. Old-fashioned would be to create a sort order. AJAXified would be to drag and drop into the order you want.

Actually, the AJAXified method still rides atop a traditional sort order value in most systems. That would be nice (a drop and drop interface) but I'm willing to accept whatever works.

This is assigned to CORE-628 and is a blocker for 3.1. Packages will be drag-n-drop sortable within their groups. ie, under Packages > Groups, click a group, and drag-n-drop the packages within the expandable area.

A similar method for sorting configurable options will be in 3.1 as well.

That's great news!

Thanks for the suggestion.. If I'm remembering correctly, you suggested this early on. Definitely needed!

Yeah, yeah. No credit for me. What's new? :P  :lol:

You need to make sure you get the package sorting working in the on click drop down package list interface under the package groups. With over 100 packages that have the same name across modules or product types, it would be a bit of a struggle to do all of the sorting on that level. In fact, I think it makes more sense for the sorting to happen within a package group, rather than one massive sort order value for all of the packages, as this becomes confusing since they aren't all listed together anywhere except that admin page. Sorting them within their respective groups seems far more useful to me.

Yeah, yeah. No credit for me. What's new? :P  :lol:

Sorry, Scott beat you on that.. hence the pre-designation to CORE-628, however you reinforce the need for such a feature.

You need to make sure you get the package sorting working in the on click drop down package list interface under the package groups. With over 100 packages that have the same name across modules or product types, it would be a bit of a struggle to do all of the sorting on that level. In fact, I think it makes more sense for the sorting to happen within a package group, rather than one massive sort order value for all of the packages, as this becomes confusing since they aren't all listed together anywhere except that admin page. Sorting them within their respective groups seems far more useful to me.

The sorting would happen under the group, in the expandable area where all member packages are listed.. unless I'm misunderstanding? It's not a sort order for all packages in the system, but rather packages within a group since a package may be assigned to multiple groups and it's sort order in each may be different.

• 1 month later...