Packages, where the customer ent6ers the amount

Tiny

Question

How to?

I tried already with configurable options ... it does not look like  really usable, as only the pricing fields are filled in cart.

Also tried with Universal Module, the best I get, it appears in the admin side for packages :(

What is the right way to get something  like order:     3000 x packages of THIS ?

Tiny

9 answers to this question

10 hours ago, Tiny said:

How to?

I tried already with configurable options ... it does not look like  really usable, as only the pricing fields are filled in cart.

Also tried with Universal Module, the best I get, it appears in the admin side for packages :(

What is the right way to get something  like order:     3000 x packages of THIS ? 

Tiny

Quantity field ,

if you want the cleint to enter value do not put the max.

For quantity - using the Universal Module, you can create a Product with a Service field called "qty". This can be a text field, or drop down, or whatever you want. The price will be Quantity * Package Price.

Note that there is a bug with package quantities like this in 4.3.0, resolved in 4.3.2. So if you are running 4.3, make sure it is 4.3.2.

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

For quantity - using the Universal Module, you can create a Product with a Service field called "qty". This can be a text field, or drop down, or whatever you want. The price will be Quantity * Package Price.

Note that there is a bug with package quantities like this in 4.3.0, resolved in 4.3.2. So if you are running 4.3, make sure it is 4.3.2.

Does this show up on the customers side, so the customer can enter this?

In my attempts, it only appears in the admin side. I only need for customers plus within the cart  plus inside invoice

1 minute ago, Tiny said:

Does this show up on the customers side, so the customer can enter this?

In my attempts, it only appears in the admin side. I only need for customers plus within the cart  plus inside invoice

Yes, if you add it as a Service field in the Universal Module Product, the customer will be able to set a value during checkout. Care to share your configuration? A screenshot would work.

There are different ways to handle quantities.

• Adding a "qty" field on a Universal Module Product. (What I have been talking about in this thread)
  • Adding a Configurable Option of the type Quantity.

The first option will take the quantity entered or selected, and multiply it by the Package price. The second option is additive. For example, if the Package is $10/mo, and you have a Config Option quantity where each item is $1/mo, and the customer selects 5 of them, they would pay $5 for the config option + $10 for the package, $15/mo total.

13 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yes, if you add it as a Service field in the Universal Module Product, the customer will be able to set a value during checkout. Care to share your configuration? A screenshot would work.

There are different ways to handle quantities.

• Adding a "qty" field on a Universal Module Product. (What I have been talking about in this thread)
  • Adding a Configurable Option of the type Quantity.

The first option will take the quantity entered or selected, and multiply it by the Package price. The second option is additive. For example, if the Package is $10/mo, and you have a Config Option quantity where each item is $1/mo, and the customer selects 5 of them, they would pay $5 for the config option + $10 for the package, $15/mo total.

• Adding a "qty" field on a Universal Module Product. (What I have been talking about in this thread)     This, what I would like
  • Adding a Configurable Option of the type Quantity.  This somehow works, but looks to ugly, as in cart are no descriptions, not even checked further

screenshots will come in a while, must first do this one, include the update

ok, here a lot of screenies

It might be, that I am to blind to see or read ...., Is anyway now only for test, as I am still struggling with the currency (yep, I got it working, but still lagging on some bits

Now with the latest Blesta, 4.3.2,  no cached pages ....., for me, still same issue. Client can't see/get the field word count. Also you see, when using the config option, all empty in the cart. 

All know, is what I see

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-51-35.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-40-37.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-36-55.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-36-33.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-35-36.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-34-43.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-33-57.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-33-07.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-32-27.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-31-36.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-19-37.png

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-18-54.png

Update, a normal, my standard upgrade..

Paul, I still get

Description   Quantity Unit Price
ttest counting
 Edit Remove
1 @ US$0.50

and the quantity can't be edited  from customer side (as non-logged-in user.

Somewhere, somehow, the field should show up as editable, but doesn't happen or, do I need to invoke the the addon?

4 hours ago, Tiny said:

Update, a normal, my standard upgrade..

Paul, I still get

Description   Quantity Unit Price
ttest counting
 Edit Remove
1 @ US$0.50

and the quantity can't be edited  from customer side (as non-logged-in user.

Somewhere, somehow, the field should show up as editable, but doesn't happen or, do I need to invoke the the addon?

The problem is that you added "qty" as a Package option not a Service option for your Universal Module Product. This should be under "Service Options" not "Package Options"

Screenshot from 2018-08-31 01-35-36.png