Extend the Support Manager Module

cjsmith87

I am trying to customize the Support Manager Ticketing system. I need to be able to add custom fields to the tickets, e.g. Type - Bug, Feature Request etc. I also need to add a product option so they can specify which product it relates to. I have created the field in the database and added code to the admin pages to show the field. It works and shows the value from the database but it cannot be updated from the site? I can post code on here but I wondered if maybe there was something else I need to do to make it save, e.g. set field permissions or something?

As a side note, is the best way to do this just to customize the plugin? It means I will not be able to install updates to the support manager without losing my changes which is a shame.

The SupportManagerTickets model defines input validation rules and what table columns can be saved during an add/edit. My guess is you need to update that model to allow it to save your new columns.

Any time you update code to add customizations you risk them being overwritten during updates, so I would encourage you to maintain your own repository of your changes and merge in any updates when you upgrade Blesta so that you keep the plugin up-to-date and working with your customizations.