Blesta Generated Hundreds of Invoices for a client

Joseph H

When did you create the recurring invoice? Was it prior to upgrading to 4.3.2? Did it work as expected for a time? When the invoice is generated, the renew date should be bumped forward a month. If your dates show 1970 (unix epoch time) then chances are there's a missing date someplace. What does your invoices table look like for this recurring invoice?

UPDATE: Are there roughly 576 invoices? Because that's how many months between 1970 and 2018. If you had no date set, or it was set to 1970 then it'd make sense it would catch up to today. It's as if your cron didn't run since 1970 and played catchup. Unless any other recurring invoices did the same thing, I don't expect it will happen again.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

When did you create the recurring invoice? Was it prior to upgrading to 4.3.2? Did it work as expected for a time? When the invoice is generated, the renew date should be bumped forward a month. If your dates show 1970 (unix epoch time) then chances are there's a missing date someplace. What does your invoices table look like for this recurring invoice?

The recurring invoice was created the same day. The upgrade was done a while ago. There was an existing recurring invoice but that worked ok. The issue was we needed to create a new recurring invoice.

11 hours ago, Joseph H said:

The recurring invoice was created the same day. The upgrade was done a while ago. There was an existing recurring invoice but that worked ok. The issue was we needed to create a new recurring invoice.

So you had a recurring invoice that you created prior to upgrading to 4.3 and that one renewed correctly, but you created a new recurring invoice after upgrading to 4.3 and that's the one that had the issue? How many actual invoices did it generated? Just trying to confirm my hypothesis.

I'm not able to duplicate this. Most likely there was no date, or an empty date set for invoices_recur.date_renews however it's not possible to not set any date when creating a recurring invoice.

I would suggest checking invoices_recur and see that there is a valid date set for all under date_renews. Check also date_last_renewed which should be a valid date in the not too distant past or NULL.

16 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm not able to duplicate this. Most likely there was no date, or an empty date set for invoices_recur.date_renews however it's not possible to not set any date when creating a recurring invoice.

I would suggest checking invoices_recur and see that there is a valid date set for all under date_renews. Check also date_last_renewed which should be a valid date in the not too distant past or NULL.

The number of invoices is correct. But the date field was filled ok. We have created another recurring invoice and all seems to work ok so far

On 9/27/2018 at 2:49 AM, Joseph H said:

The number of invoices is correct. But the date field was filled ok. We have created another recurring invoice and all seems to work ok so far

Ok, unless this comes up again I'd consider it a fluke. Most likely the date was not set for whatever reason in the database, and this is what caused the invoices to be "back billed" from unix epoch. If anyone else experiences this, please let us know.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 6:07 PM, Paul said:

today we get the same issue , about 40 invoices generated for the same service with the same dates !!

Installed Version 4.2.2