Testing The Product Before Buying Issues.

johannes

Question

Hello, my company is planning to buy your product.
But we are at the moment testing it out on an test server.

We've come to a few issues which we are wondering if they are limited on the trial version.

1. We dont seem to be able to get the automation going, we've set up an SMTP host for it, neither does the inbuilt PHP mailengine work. So we're wondering if this is limited in the trial version.

2 answers to this question

Hello, my company is planning to buy your product.

But we are at the moment testing it out on an test server.

We've come to a few issues which we are wondering if they are limited on the trial version.

1. We dont seem to be able to get the automation going, we've set up an SMTP host for it, neither does the inbuilt PHP mailengine work. So we're wondering if this is limited in the trial version.

Automation is controlled by setting up a cron, but if you're having issues with email specifically it may be unrelated to the cron.

To test, I suggest using the "Email Client" feature under "Account Actions" for a client profile. This will allow you to send an email right away without waiting for any automation tasks to do it. It should allow you to test if PHP Mail or SMTP are working.

If you're having trouble with email delivery, specifically SMTP, please post a screenshot of your setting here (And please mask the hostname and password) Also, are you using an SMTP server like Gmail, or Mandrill? Do you have the ports open at your firewall?