turner2f

Will Blesta 4.0.1 still work If we switch our server from MySQL 5.5 to MariaDB 10.2 ?

Question

NOTE:

MyISAM tables are what we use and Blesta 4.0.1 is currently working just fine with MySQL 5.5

=======

Will your product still work If we switch our server from MySQL 5.5 to MariaDB 10.2 ?

While still using MyISAM tables ?

7 answers to this question

Blesta uses Innodb. If you changed it to MyISAM then who knows - it would technically be unsupported. If using Innodb, then it should work, with Blesta 4.3.2 (4.0 is unsupported, but would probably work, I don't know).

On 10/29/2018 at 7:17 AM, turner2f said:

NOTE:

MyISAM tables are what we use and Blesta 4.0.1 is currently working just fine with MySQL 5.5

=======

Will your product still work If we switch our server from MySQL 5.5 to MariaDB 10.2 ?

we are using MariaDB 10.2 without any issue.

On 10/29/2018 at 3:17 AM, turner2f said:

NOTE:

=======

Unless you have some specific reason to want to use MyISAM there is no benefit otherwise, InnoDB is better for many reasons which can be found on the Google. I use MariaDB with InnoDB so I can confirm that this works. I know you asked about MariaDB with MyISAM but I can advise an easy way to convert your database from MyISAM to InnoDB if you would like to try.

1. Export/dump your current MySQL MyISAM database.
  2. Open the SQL file with Notepad++.
  3. CTRL + H then search for "ENGINE=MyISAM" and replace with "ENGINE=InnoDB" throughout entire file.
  4. CTRL + F and search for "PRIMARY KEY", just to ensure that one exists, it's usually set to "id", no need to change it, merely confirm it exists before proceeding.
  5. CTRL + S to save the SQL file and exit Notepad++.
  6. Create MariaDB InnoDB database and import the database you just modified.

It should work. Always backup, no guarantees.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:54 AM, S.H. said:

Unless you have some specific reason to want to use MyISAM there is no benefit otherwise, InnoDB is better for many reasons which can be found on the Google. I use MariaDB with InnoDB so I can confirm that this works. I know you asked about MariaDB with MyISAM but I can advise an easy way to convert your database from MyISAM to InnoDB if you would like to try.

1. Export/dump your current MySQL MyISAM database.
  2. Open the SQL file with Notepad++.
  3. CTRL + H then search for "ENGINE=MyISAM" and replace with "ENGINE=InnoDB" throughout entire file.
  4. CTRL + F and search for "PRIMARY KEY", just to ensure that one exists, it's usually set to "id", no need to change it, merely confirm it exists before proceeding.
  5. CTRL + S to save the SQL file and exit Notepad++.
  6. Create MariaDB InnoDB database and import the database you just modified.

It should work. Always backup, no guarantees.

the exact way to make it work

also myisam is is non-transactional