Cpanel Extended Module Withdrawn?

juju

Question

20 answers to this question

This is the official email reply from Piotr - Modules Garden.

Hi Mike,Indeed, we removed Blesta and HostBill modules from our offer due to agreement with WHMCS.However, good news is that we gave the module and documentation to Blesta which is know the rightful owner of the module. So the module itself didn't just 'dissapear'.-- Best RegardsPiotr

So thank's to the guys at MG we now have the MG module as the core. Wish them the best of luck with their agreement. The sad part is we won't get a version of their other great modules on Blesta :angry: .

Bit worrying start of something really, WHMCS part owned by cPanel making exclusive module deals with providers...

Yeah I don't like it but I hope ModulesGarden are looked after well in the agreement, because they make good plugins and us guys (Customers) have lost the opportunity for good external modules.

I wasn't going to say anything until we made an official post, but it's true. They signed over full rights to the cPanel extended module to us. We will be releasing it for free shortly, after we have had a chance to review the code.

It is interesting that they reached some kind of deal with those other guys.. I get it, they can expand and eliminate a Blesta module developer at the same time. I have some other theories, but I'll keep them to myself. In any case, I look at it as a good sign of our success.

I wasn't going to say anything until we made an official post, but it's true. They signed over full rights to the cPanel extended module to us. We will be releasing it for free shortly, after we have had a chance to review the code.

It is interesting that they reached some kind of deal with those other guys.. I get it, they can expand and eliminate a Blesta module developer at the same time. I have some other theories, but I'll keep them to myself. In any case, I look at it as a good sign of our success.

Ah sorry mate, I just contacted them as of the op posting it, bit interesting that they came an agreement with them though, after what's been happening with that company lately, and they could of grown better working with you guys. But they've made the choice so I wish them luck in it. But I'm glad mate they past it onto you guys. :D

I haven't really dealt with Modules Garden at all in the past, nor have I known much about them. I mean I had heard of them and heard good things and all that but no first hand experience. 

I think is says a good deal about the company for them to release the module to the Blesta devs. I hope everything works out well for both sides.

I bought the version from ModulesGarden.

Should I be removing it, and waiting for Blesta to release it themselves?

And I'm hoping they'll give me a refund, because I wouldn't have paid for it if this was going to happen...

Since we have a license that should stay active until it is release otherwise we will loose the module. 

I have packages set up with it and if I disabled it, they'd be broken. I don't believe you are eligible for a refund as they probably didn't know the results on what would happen.

Who's going to maintain this and keep it secure the same development guys as Blesta?

We have not decided exactly what we are going to do long term, however, we plan to maintain the module for the foreseeable future. The possibility exists that over time, we will update our cPanel module with many of these extended features.

We have not decided exactly what we are going to do long term, however, we plan to maintain the module for the foreseeable future. The possibility exists that over time, we will update our cPanel module with many of these extended features.

Would it be possible to integrate the two together some how is that your plan when you say extended features seems like a decent thing to do am already liking you guys I thought I'd be waiting till next week for a reply :)

Would it be possible to integrate the two together some how is that your plan when you say extended features seems like a decent thing to do am already liking you guys I thought I'd be waiting till next week for a reply :)

If they do, I hope it's a upgrade button as I don't want to muck the cPanel packages up by having to re-make them. And I hope we can keep the old one as I have customers on the current cPanel extended due to purchasing it separate lol.

If they do, I hope it's a upgrade button as I don't want to muck the cPanel packages up by having to re-make them. And I hope we can keep the old one as I have customers on the current cPanel extended due to purchasing it separate lol.

I haven't had very good luck with cpanel extended myself. I also haven't tried it much either though.

I don't understand what you mean about they need to be re-added?

You edit a package, change Module from cPanel to cPanel Extended.

You then log in as the client, click any of the tabs, none of them work.

Cancel the service (Not using the cPanel module).

Then re-add the service using the new package, everything works.

EG: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/826-cpanel-extended-for-blesta/?p=8366

Fix: http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/826-cpanel-extended-for-blesta/page-3#entry8613