Automatically Cancel Unpaid Services

camgullo

Question

Hello, 

Is there's a way to automatically cancel services and void invoices after X amount of days?
At this moment it will automatically suspend services if an invoice goes unpaid but it doesn't cancel them, I have been doing it manually but it's starting to get to be too much work now.

Also when you schedule a service for cancelation it never cancels it just waits to get manually canceled. 

Thanks,
Cam

3 answers to this question

44 minutes ago, camgullo said:

Hello, 

Is there's a way to automatically cancel services and void invoices after X amount of days?
At this moment it will automatically suspend services if an invoice goes unpaid but it doesn't cancel them, I have been doing it manually but it's starting to get to be too much work now.

Also when you schedule a service for cancelation it never cancels it just waits to get manually canceled. 

Thanks,
Cam

Yes! See https://docs.blesta.com/display/user/Auto+Cancel

11 minutes ago, camgullo said:

If I suspend a service manually for abuse will that get triggered by the Auto Cancel plugin?

Yes, I believe so.

The plugin does 2 things:

1. Finds services that have been suspended for X days.
  2. Schedules those suspended services for cancellation in X days from suspension.

So, if you set "Schedule Cancellation Days After Suspended" to 10, then 10 days after a service is suspended it will be scheduled for cancellation. Then, if "Cancel Services Days After Suspended" is set to 15, then 5 days after that, or 15 days from the time it was suspended it will be cancelled.

If the user pays the past due invoices for a suspended service that has a scheduled cancellation date, the scheduled cancellation date will be removed and service unsuspended.

We suggest setting these values carefully, obviously there is some permanence to cancelling a service.