Cpanel & Backup Restore Question

Jason Ryan

Hello all -

I recently set up a dedicated server through Fast Comet with Cpanel and started migrating all of our client's websites over to it from Siteground's shared hosting. Does anyone know what the Backup Restore plugin that Siteground is using? The default Backup function in Capanel is lame and I kind of liked what SG has, here is a screencast of what it looks like:

https://screencast.com/t/x8av3Muh0

I've done a bunch of searching but I cannot find out what this is called or if it is even obtainable to use in my own Cpanel. Any ideas?

Thanks

I would assume, that they use a own. shell scripted backup. This is not difficult to make. CPanel is usually only lame, if the server  is busy. Like most providers, they will host websites on some VPS  and backing up those as whole (also likely just the home directories) and their VMS systems seperate.

Unless you know any insiders, I doubt, you can find out exact details. In caase of dedivated servers, it still might be as above

cPanel backups from root/admin are stored by default on /backup/ftp/ftphummyde/outgoing/2018-11-14/accounts/uenwxrmr.tar ......... but they will likely use a separate server.

Those, users can do  are normally stored just in the root directory of USERNAME

My backups running as shell cript from a remote server, initiated from remote and then pulled to remote