PayPal Subscriptions

Qurius

Question

I can only find bits and pieces about how this is suppose to work both in the forum and in the docs so I'd appreciate any help. I'm using the PayPal Payment Standard Gateway with "One time and subscription payments when possible" checked and "Allow users to modify current and new subscriptions" checked.  Clients that have recurring services would like to create a subscription but in the checkout process there is no option to make it a subscription.  I'm sure I'm missing something but could someone explain exactly how this should  work.

Thanks for the help

9 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Paul said:

Are all the items being purchased recurring, on the same term? For example.. all monthly services?

Subscriptions can only be set up if the invoice contains only recurring services that recur on the same schedule.

Yes they are all recurring monthly services.

22 hours ago, Qurius said:

Yes they are all recurring monthly services.

Hover over the paid invoice Edit option to determine the invoice ID. This may not be the same as the invoice number. For example, the URL may be something like ~/admin/clients/editinvoice/128/32363/ The bold number would be the invoice ID.

Then, search your database invoice_lines table for all line items that belong to this invoice

SELECT * FROM invoice_lines WHERE invoice_lines.invoice_id='YOURINVOICEID';

Do all records have a value for invoice_lines.service_id? None are null?

39 minutes ago, Qurius said:

Returns one record and service_id has a value

I don't see why subscriptions wouldn't be an option, the user should see 2 buttons when they check out based on your settings. For a one-time payment, and for subscriptions. Maybe try re-saving your PayPal settings to ensure they are stored properly

If there is no paypal  as payment options go to order form settings and allow payments from paypal,also in paypal gateway settings make sure corect currency is enabled. After order is made,in checkout process ...first.... payment methods will be listed.....than on next page paypal buttons(if paypal is selected).In case you can't see paypal listed as payment methods than you will have to edit order form and and set paypal as one of the payment methods...

2 minutes ago, Nelsa said:

If there is no paypal  as payment options got to order form settings and allow payments from paypal,also in paypal make sure corect currency is enabled

The payment options are there and there's no problem doing one off payments for services. Thanks