Upgrade and Renew Service

Blesta Addons

today, a client payed a invoice for a domain, and the domain was renewed for 2 years. after we have made a deep look and called the client what has done in his client area we found the fallowing case .

Service Domaine with term 1 year has already a generated invoice on 2019-01-04 for the period  (Jan 12, 2019 - Jan 12, 2020) . service renew date Jan 12, 2020

the client from client area has changed the package term from 1 years to 2 years in the same day 2019-01-04 . no invoice was generated and the service was switched to 2 years term, expiration date still Jan 12, 2020 .

after he paid the invoice the domain was renewed for two years .

and renew date still Jan 12, 2020 without any change .

Payment done in Jan 04, 2019 2:21:03 PM

Cron Renew in Jan 04, 2019 2:25:00 PM

what i don't have trace in blesta is where the change package has been done, after the payment or before the payement .

what do you think in this ?

2 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

today, a client payed a invoice for a domain, and the domain was renewed for 2 years. after we have made a deep look and called the client what has done in his client area we found the fallowing case .

Service Domaine with term 1 year has already a generated invoice on 2019-01-04 for the period  (Jan 12, 2019 - Jan 12, 2020) . service renew date Jan 12, 2020

the client from client area has changed the package term from 1 years to 2 years in the same day 2019-01-04 . no invoice was generated and the service was switched to 2 years term, expiration date still Jan 12, 2020 .

after he paid the invoice the domain was renewed for two years .

and renew date still Jan 12, 2020 without any change .

what i don't have trace in blesta is where the change package has been done, after the payment or before the payement .

what do you think in this ?

Changing the term should not take affect until it next renews, so this is interesting. I wonder if the solution is to not allow a term change if there are any open invoices. Thoughts?

4 hours ago, Paul said:

Changing the term should not take affect until it next renews, so this is interesting. I wonder if the solution is to not allow a term change if there are any open invoices. Thoughts? 

but what hapen if the invoice paid and term changed before the cron run ? and this is what i think has been happen .

Maybe service term has been changed between 2:21:03 and 2:24:59, so here no open invoice

what i suggest never allow change term if there a re a renew process can be occur, Or add a new option to disable change term in certain packages.

another thing is how the domains work, normally domain we can renew 1 year or X year, and this should have another approach than change term.  to be hones, blesta should take care urgently for domains process, we are now waiting years to see a new thing from Blesta about domains, if Blesta won't do anything or it need another years to do something just tell us, and we will happy to switch. Everyday we find that Blesta is so far from hosting industry, others are making a huge improvement in this subject and here we are just waiting for the basics !!!