Paypal payments standard (sandbox) Your account has an outstanding balance of $3.55 USD

EMar

I set up a few monthly live stream rentals with the whmsonic module.

Used the business sandbox user  billing-facilitator@site.it in the paypal module settings, username, password, signature for the sandbox seller.

Made a test purchase with my paypal sandbox user dave1@mail.com

Picked a plan, signed up and made sandbox payment, then clicked back to merchant.
Logged in as test user (sandbox) clicked on Dashboard and see this message 

Welcome back, dave!

Your account has an outstanding balance of $3.55 USD, of which $3.55 USD is past due. Please make a payment at your earliest convenience. 

Invoices

• Ope1
  •  
  • Closed 0
 Make Payment

Invoice # Amount Paid Due Date Billed Date Due Options
1 $3.55 USD $0.00 USD $3.55 USD Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Under Services it looks like the account is pending in the client panel and admin area,
The new whmsonic account info is there too, but cannot login to the new stream account, it's not created on the server yet..

Do I have to activate the account manually before it's provioned/created off the server?
Why would I have to activate the account manually if it's already paid for?

Will this happen every time someone places an order with a real paypal account?

Any help appreciated.

EDIT

Just to add, I went ahead and activated the pending account and it was created successfully from the server.

So what's going on with the invoice message above, which is still displaying in the client's panel..

Your account has an outstanding balance of $3.55 USD, of which $3.55 USD is past due. Please make a payment at your earliest convenience. 

Did your PayPal transaction show up in Blesta? It should be applied to that invoice, closing it. If the transaction is not listed at all, then the IPN call from PayPal either failed or IPN has been previously disabled within PayPal.

The cron (which should be set up to run every 5 min) automatically provisions paid pending services which means that the service is pending (Order has been approved, moving the service from "in-review" to "pending") and the invoice is paid. In your case, the invoice does not appear to be paid.

It showed up as pending for the new client and in staff backend.

The paypal ipn was disabled for some other reason, probably another site I'm using with same paypal.

My understanding is this path doesn't have to exist in Blesta /callback/gw/1/paypal_payments_standard
So I enabled IPN in paypal with Notification URL https://mysite.it/callback/gw/1/paypal_payments_standard

I dunno what's happening after that, seems the right url?

The payment showed up as pending.

In the end I just clicked activate to see if it would create the account on the whmsonic server and it did.

1Ec9wA.jpg
O1dPTl.jpg
WL3cYa.jpg

Sorry guys I can't work with this, waiting all weekend for help with somethig that could take 5 mins to fix.

I've followed your instructions and set all my packages up under one group, so renters could upgrade or downgrade between plans.
There is no options in the client panel to switch between plans, after maually activating the test user's acount.

I can't even get past testing it with paypal sandbox.

Getting stressed out.

17 hours ago, EMar said:

Sorry guys I can't work with this, waiting all weekend for help with somethig that could take 5 mins to fix.

I've followed your instructions and set all my packages up under one group, so renters could upgrade or downgrade between plans.
There is no options in the client panel to switch between plans, after maually activating the test user's acount.

I can't even get past testing it with paypal sandbox.

Getting stressed out.

Check the settings here:

• Settings > Company > Billing/Payment > Invoice and Charge Options: Allow Clients to Change Service Package
  • Settings > Company > Client Groups: Edit - Allow Clients to Change Service Package (If settings are overriding company settings)

These should be checked for customers to be able to change their package and upgrade/downgrade. You may also want to see if "Allow Clients to Change Service Terms" is checked, which would allow them to switch between say 1 month and 1 year if you offer additional terms.

Regarding the pending payment - this is a good sign that PayPal is able to make the IPN request. However, pending payments from PayPal usually mean that PayPal is waiting on the funds to clear. This is common when the customer pays with a check, which may or may not clear, so the transaction gets listed as pending until it clears. Blesta will not provision with pending funds, but you may want to activate for those customers if you trust the funds will settle.

For Invoice and Charge Options, Allow Clients to Change Service Terms & Allow Clients to Change Service Package are both ticked.

Same for Client Groups.

As I used a paypal sandbox user to makle the order, I think there was as option to set it to use paypal funds.

That account is listed as over due now and suspended, with the pay past due button still there at the top.

So what do I do now, pay the over due balance with the same sandbox user? to see if the user sees the other service options?

It's still gonna go into pending if I remember correctly from the last time. 

EDIT

Ok I went to clients account and just unsuspeded the account to see the other settings, loginned in as text sandbox user.
It still shows that Outstanding Balance message up top.

I see the extra services now, in the client's panel, under Services, for the package they rented > click Manage.

Two Actions: Change Package & Change Terms, cool.. When I click change Terms.. what's the story here..

Packages cannot be changed until all invoices for this service have been paid.

Current Service

Package

WHMSonic - Live Stream - 50 Listeners - Shoutcast v2

Billing Cycle

1 Month

Recurring Amount

1x $3.55 USD

Updated Service

Package

WHMSonic - Live Stream - 50 Listeners - Shoutcast v2

Billing Cycle

2 Months

Recurring Amount

1x $5.55 USD

Subtotal: $-0.55 USD

Total:

$-0.55 USD

9 hours ago, EMar said:

Two Actions: Change Package & Change Terms, cool.. When I click change Terms.. what's the story here..

Packages cannot be changed until all invoices for this service have been paid.

Clients can't make changes to the service when they owe money for the service. Their account should be current, after which they will be able to make changes.

13 minutes ago, EMar said:

So blesta won't pass a payment from a paypal sandbox user, unless I activate it manually?

That's not what I'm saying. There's no reason making a payment in PayPal sandbox should be an issue. I think you need to think about these things as separate actions.

PayPal has really nothing to do with your WHMSonic service. What matters is that the INVOICE for the service is paid. The cron activates paid pending services. If the service is pending, and the invoice is paid, then the cron will activate the service.

Now, separately, if a customer pays with PayPal then PayPal sends an IPN request to Blesta, and Blesta records the transaction.

1. Payment made at PayPal
  2. PayPal makes IPN call to Blesta
  3. Blesta records the transaction

If the transaction is Approved, then it is/can be applied toward invoices. In this case, your invoice will be paid and the cron will provision pending services. If your transactions are showing as "Pending" that's because PayPal set them to Pending. This usually happens as I said with check payments, because they take time to clear and PayPal tells us when this has happened. If the transaction is not Approved, the money doesn't exist in your PayPal account yet..  it's waiting to clear, at which time PayPal will notify Blesta and the transaction will change from Pending to Approved. Then it will be applied to the invoice. Then the cron will provision services.

I hope that makes sense. If your PayPal payments all appear as "Pending", then that's because of PayPal and how you are using the sandbox. Every test PayPal transaction I've done has gone directly to Approved.