Invoice 2 page PDF include heading table

Blesta Addons

The table headings appear on every page because they're apart of the header. That's how TCPDF handles display of the header on multiple pages. I don't think it detracts from the table layout if just the totals appear on the next page without other line items though.

3 hours ago, Tyson said:

The table headings appear on every page because they're apart of the header. That's how TCPDF handles display of the header on multiple pages.

blesta staff has decided to make the table header part of the header and this something that should be corrected . logo,  return adress and invoice info is ok to be part of the header .

4 hours ago, Tyson said:

I don't think it detracts from the table layout if just the totals appear on the next page without other line items though. 

Logically and normally the header table should be shown one time and if the second page has more invoice lines to show , if no lines so no header table again in the next page, the invoice return with a ugly design and no sense that hosw header table (description, quantity, unit price,..) under it shown only totals !!!! and this is what other billing system do (tested by me) .

Many invoices show the header information on all pages of the invoices and I believe this was by design. If we were to make a change, I think it would be to create a new invoice template that behaved differently and showed the header information only on the 1st page, without the header section on subsequent pages. Or are you saying the current design does not make it possible to create another invoice PDF template that works that way?

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Many invoices show the header information on all pages of the invoices and I believe this was by design. If we were to make a change, I think it would be to create a new invoice template that behaved differently and showed the header information only on the 1st page, without the header section on subsequent pages. Or are you saying the current design does not make it possible to create another invoice PDF template that works that way? 

i'm not talking about the header (client info  and invoice). i'm talking about the table heading of invoice lines (Description,Quantity, Unit Price, Cost) this table heading is duplicated in every page even if the page has no lines to show . if i get time i will send a example tomorrow when i enter the office, simply you can make a test and create a invoice with 17 lines and check the pdf generated .

already i have made my own template and i have fixed it with other issues like identify the last page to show company stamp.

13 hours ago, Tyson said:

You have a template that only shows the invoice line items on pages that list the line items table, but not totals/other content? 

i have a template that show the table header of lines only one time in the first page, if there are multiple page it show only the lines or the rest of the table .

On 1/19/2019 at 6:19 AM, Blesta Addons said:

i have a template that show the table header of lines only one time in the first page, if there are multiple page it show only the lines or the rest of the table .

I see. What we would like to do is display the table header on every page that has line items. Because of this, the table header has to be apart of the TCPDF header.

2 hours ago, Tyson said:

I see. What we would like to do is display the table header on every page that has line items. Because of this, the table header has to be apart of the TCPDF header. 

i know, but is totally ugly to print table header then after print total, subtotal part without any lines ... it would has sense if there are some lines to print in the second page, but it has no sens if there is no lines to print and print the table header . this issue was identified by our comptable who was complied about this issue, so in term of finance laws we can't play with it even if i don't know if printing table header without lines are legal or not, but we prefer avoid any issue that can lead  a problem in the future .

3 hours ago, Blesta Addons said:

i know, but is totally ugly to print table header then after print total, subtotal part without any lines ...

I'm not a fan either. If you know of a way to show the headings on multiple pages, but only if there are line items to be rendered on the page, then I would be happy to update the invoice PDFs to work that way.

On 1/23/2019 at 6:14 AM, Blesta Addons said:

is your task no :)

The last time I looked, TCPDF was too limited to support that type of heading rendering. I thought you may have known some alternative way to accomplish it. Perhaps TCPDF is more flexible now.