Child Products Not Removed When Parent Is Removed From The Cart

Timothy

Hello,

I have another possible issue during checkout when using the universal module. I have setup a single product with two addon products. I remove the primary product during the checkout review screen. This removes the primary product and the first addon only. It does not remove the secondary addon.

Basic setup:
1: Create 3 products with the universal module.
2: Add 1 product to a standard group
3: Add 2 products to 2 different addon groups.
4: Add the two addon groups to the standard group
5: Create a order form referencing the standard product.

Reproduce bug:
Go to the order form and add the primary product and select both addon products. Follow the screens until you reach the review screen at step 4. Remove the primary product. This will remove the primary product and the first addon product. It leaves the secondary addon product still on the screen and available for checkout.

The expected behavior is to remove all addon products when the primary is removed. This issue was originally noted as part of http://www.blesta.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1144-the-parent-service-id-already-exists-as-a-child-to-another-service .

Server setup:
Freebsd 9.2
Nginx 1.4.2
PHP 5.4.20 - PHP is run through php-fpm.
Mariadb 5.3.12

Can anybody else replicate this or have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

I have done more testing on this one and I think I have found a pattern that may help. The bug only triggers on every other product. Oddly enough only the even number ones. The following examples assume you are adding each of the addons to the cart and then removing the primary product at step four.  

For example if you have two addons, then addon two is left when removing the primary product.
If you have three addons, then only addon two is left.
If you have four addons, then addon two and four are left.
If you have six addons, then addon two, four and six are left.
You get the idea :)

I have also updated PHP to 5.4.21 from my above post and duplicated the testing on Mysql 5.5. The bug is same either way.  

Any ideas?