Problems adding new company

breeze

Question

Hi All,

I have just added a new company but hit a little snag. Let's call the original Comany A, and the additional Company B.

1. Went to blesta licensing and purchased the company upgrade add-on

----- 1.1. I had to reissue my server license for Company A in the middle of this, may be a problem here

2. Logged into Blesta admin, added a new company OK

3. Setup new IP address and virtual host on apache OK

4. Go to /index.php/admin/login - all loads ok

5. Enter my admin details from Company A - receive error

"The license failed to validate for the following reasons:

The license is not valid for the installed location."

Questions:

- Do my admin users from Company A carry over to Company B, or do I never login to Company B and just keep administering via Company A portal

- Did the license reissue potentially cause this.

Thanks for any help

1 answer to this question

19 hours ago, breeze said:

- Do my admin users from Company A carry over to Company B, or do I never login to Company B and just keep administering via Company A portal

- Did the license reissue potentially cause this.

Admin users are system users, which companies they have access to and what level of access depends on the staff groups they are assigned. It's suggested that you login to the same domain and use the dropdown to switch between companies. However, if you want to login as an admin at the other domain, open a ticket with us, we may need to manually add it to your license also - which is no problem.

It's hard to say if the license re-issue caused it, a license re-issue just frees the license up to be used at the next location that validates.

I assume both hostnames are pointing to the same document root? You should have a single installation of Blesta, with one database and one set of files. If you have two sets of files, that could explain the license issue, and would need to be corrected.