Should I delete duplicate users from Blesta before a WHMCS import?

coreyman

Question

2 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, coreyman said:

I setup a few users manually in blesta. I'm about to run a large WHMCS import that spans 6 years of data and has some of the same users. Should I just remove the users out of blesta that I also have in WHMCS, or does it not matter?

Imports should usually be done on a fresh Blesta install. If there is a conflict between the user in Blesta and WHMCS, the import will result in an error. It's also important that your Staff user not be the same in WHMCS also. So yes, I would say remove the duplicates.

Also, backup your Blesta database prior to the import. If anything goes wrong, you can restore the database and be able to re-attempt.

49 minutes ago, Paul said:

Imports should usually be done on a fresh Blesta install. If there is a conflict between the user in Blesta and WHMCS, the import will result in an error. It's also important that your Staff user not be the same in WHMCS also. So yes, I would say remove the duplicates.

Also, backup your Blesta database prior to the import. If anything goes wrong, you can restore the database and be able to re-attempt.

Thanks! Will be backing up everything prior to import.