Enom: different pricing for registration, transfer & renewal?

LiquidSiteDesign

Question

Either I am losing my mind or this eNom module is from 2005?  Is there really only one price I can charge for every TLD and no way to adjust for renewal price? transfer? With the current pricing structure of the domain game I will need to have at least a dozen groups to manage my domain sales and then manually update each client once they have registered to a renewal pricing group?

please tell me I'm missing something???  

is there a third party module with modern domain management available? 

7 answers to this question

Well, it is not only enom plugin...that is how you will have to handle domains no matter which module you use ...you have to be very carefully...since global suspend/cancel settings will have impact on domain registration and if you are not careful you will find yourself in a position where client pay you   simple renewal price for domain but 7 days after expiration day..... while in reality domain is already in redemption state(cost 100$ or more because there is no grace period for resellers almost anywhere). So make sure you cancel domain instead end up suspended because it may have find yourself in a position where you will end up paying redemption cost just to avoid....

the real problem is not the API or the module, the problem come from pricing system, blesta has only one price use for registration, renewal and transfer . so my advice for you don't wast your money in a custom development, because it need a huge modification in blesta system, read the fallowing post carefully

from what i see blesta has no intention to do anything in the near future in this subject.

Thank you Nelsa,

This is very valuable information!  Is this inherent for all billing systems using registrar API's or can I throw money at this problem for some custom development? 

I bet if everyone in this Blesta community who is unsatisfied with the domain module options threw in a few bucks, we could crowdsource enough to have a robust solution developed ;) 

Isn't the whole point of API the dynamic retrieval of live data?

I found this in a post on this forum from 2014!

from user: DannyDirect

Search for "PE_GetProductPrice" here. There are also various other pricing API calls which come up:

http://www.enom.com/APICommandCatalog/index.htm

I just did a quick search on the Enom dev page and found this:

https://api.enom.com/docs/pe-getpremiumpricing

So the tools have been available for years but no one has chosen to implement them. I would happily pay a yearly fee for a full featured dynamically updated eNom module.

On 2/7/2019 at 6:40 AM, LiquidSiteDesign said:

Oh wow.. that was a very sobering read. Thank you for saving me the time, money and effort! I had already begun to shop devs for this. I am already waist deep in to my Blesta integration but just out of morbid curiosity.. do you know if WHMCS has better domain management?

Yes WHMCS implement different pricing for registration, transfer, and renewal...I didn't use it from version 5..now it is 7.x.x so I don't know much about newer versions but I know they have different pricing for domains where you can set a different price for registration, renewal, and transfer