cPanel Module not updating passwords

mobbdeep

Question

Hello,

I noticed that when a password is changed in cPanel via the password changing tool, it does not update the password in Blesta when using the "Login" link. I have been getting tickets regarding IP's being blocked in my firewall due to too many failed login attempts and they indicated they've been trying to login through the Blesta Client Area. I tested it on my personal non-administrator account and this happens.

Thanks,
Tyler

3 answers to this question

cPanel (and essentially all other systems) will not send notifications to services (like Blesta) regarding a password update made through their system.

If the cPanel password needs to be changed, then the user should:

1. Change it from within Blesta, or
  2. Update it in Blesta after having changed it in cPanel

On 2/25/2019 at 11:45 AM, Tyson said:

cPanel (and essentially all other systems) will not send notifications to services (like Blesta) regarding a password update made through their system.

If the cPanel password needs to be changed, then the user should:

1. Change it from within Blesta, or
  2. Update it in Blesta after having changed it in cPanel

Would this ever be a possibility in the near future for Blesta? I know a lot of people are familiar with another billing software I won't mention and how when their password is updated via cPanel, it updates in their client area so that when they click the "Login" link, it works with their updated password and not give them failed logins because they didn't manually update the password themselves in Blesta?

Eg.

Change password in cPanel => New password automatically updated in Blesta
Change password in Blesta => New password automatically updated in cPanel
Change password in cPanel => Update it in Blesta after having changed it in cPanel

7 hours ago, mobbdeep said:

Would this ever be a possibility in the near future for Blesta? I know a lot of people are familiar with another billing software I won't mention and how when their password is updated via cPanel, it updates in their client area so that when they click the "Login" link, it works with their updated password and not give them failed logins because they didn't manually update the password themselves in Blesta?

Eg.

Change password in cPanel => New password automatically updated in Blesta
Change password in Blesta => New password automatically updated in cPanel
Change password in cPanel => Update it in Blesta after having changed it in cPanel

Changing a password in cPanel doesn't update the password in that other billing application. They just used SSO. Stay tuned, there's a rumor than the cPanel module may be updated in Blesta 4.6 to do this. Of course, I can't confirm nor deny this, time will tell. :blesta: