Provision Paid Pending Services running more than 60 minutes.

coreyman

Question

I'm getting a health warning from blesta about Provision Paid Pending Services running more than 60 minutes. This product is using the universal module with some settings populated by the WHMCS importer. I run top and I do not see any processes running that could be related to this. It looks like blesta either doesn't know the process crashed or that it already completed. To be clear, there is nothing to provision for this order, it is all done manually. I'm not sure why blesta is trying to provision anything. Can someone lead me down the right track here?

10 answers to this question

On 2/26/2019 at 6:46 AM, Blesta.Store said:

It's something we don't know. have a look at your pending services. If it's paid it's probably trying to provision it.

Settings > Company > Automation then go to Pending provision.

You can clear the lock if it's available to do so. You can also disable it there too.

There is no way to 'clear a lock' here. It says the cron last ran today like 5 minutes ago as well, but no tickets are being imported now.

On 2/26/2019 at 11:01 AM, Paul said:

What Mike said. There is likely a pending service that is failing to be provisioned. Could be resulting in an error. Check your logs at ../logs_blesta/ (Defined under Settings > System > General) Pending services listed under Billing > Services: Pending

I went and set all these services to 'active' but the little spinner is still spinning on 'Provision Paid Pending Services'

4 hours ago, coreyman said:

I went and set all these services to 'active' but the little spinner is still spinning on 'Provision Paid Pending Services'

How long ago did you change all of those services to active? It can take up to 6 hours for a lock to clear on its own. I would give it some time and see if it goes away. If these services were imported as pending, it's possible there is some weirdness with the data that is contributing to the issue.

14 hours ago, Paul said:

How long ago did you change all of those services to active? It can take up to 6 hours for a lock to clear on its own. I would give it some time and see if it goes away. If these services were imported as pending, it's possible there is some weirdness with the data that is contributing to the issue.

It appears the problem cleared itself, however support emails to our support@ address are now mysteriously not importing and we haven't changed anything regarding that.

So here it is a little more than a year later since OP. I'm having the same issue and it never clears itself up. I'm using free trail to insure everything is in proper fashion before going into production. Has there been any progress with this issue? Can the developers add a way to end task directly in the UI instead of diving into mysql and deleting the cron job manually?  I'm using Plesk Obsidian, I do run Blesta on same server it provisions to. I have ensured Apache restarts gracefully (In Plesk Obsidian it's the default behavior now). PHP version is set to 7.3.15 . Quick note, It seems this is less of an issue when running PHP with FastCGI. If I run PHP with FPM using Apache or Nginx it will never clear and never auto provision client or domain in Plesk. This needs to function properly because otherwise it renders the software useless. Any updates or suggestions? Anyone here familiar enough with Plesk? I mean I'm not sure why there is so much focus on CPanel when Plesk has roughly 80% percent of marketshare (https://www.datanyze.com/market-share/hosting-control-panels--463/plesk-market-share) & (https://www.webhostingsecretrevealed.net/blog/web-hosting-guides/compare-web-hosting-control-panel-cpanel-vs-plesk/). Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

There is an option in the UI to clear the task lock if Blesta is sure the task itself stalled. The problem appears to be that Blesta is not sure the task stalled or if it is still legitimately running in this case.

Failures like this are usually the result of some error occurring during processing that causes the task to crash. This should be easier to debug since you are not in production. First, I recommend you ensure Apache restarts gracefully as described in the documentation. I know you mentioned this already, but it's good to double-check nonetheless. Then, enable error reporting in Blesta, and disable the cron job on the web server. If the task is still locked, and you're familiar with SQL, you can delete the latest record from the `log_cron` table that references the "provision_pending_services" cron task, probably the one with `run_id` = 5. Afterward, run the cron manually via the Blesta UI under Settings > System > Automation. You'll then be able to watch the cron execute and see it get hung up. If there are any php errors, they should appear on screen. Also check the Module logs under Tools > Logs for possible issues with Plesk API calls, and check the log files on the server for anything else that may have occurred at run time. With all that said, you should have gathered at least some information that will help find the cause of the issue.