Upgrade a package

AlexF

Question

Hello. While upgrading a package with different package term it takes the package term from the current package and pricing term from a new one. Something wrong or I don't get something? e.g I have a package with package term for 1 year for $0 when I upgrade it to another package with the package term for 3 months for $10 it prorates as 10x4=$40 (3 times 4 = 1 year) thus it took the term from the current package but the price from the new one. I expect that is should be prorated for just the new package $10 for 3 months. Please advise.

3 answers to this question

When upgrading to a different package and changing the term, the renew date is not changed. The prorated amount should reflect the difference between the current package and the new package for the current term. Then, when the package renews it will renew at the new term/period.

For example, current service renews May 1, 2019 on a 3-month term. You upgrade to a package with a 1 year term. It will be prorated to May 1, then when it renews (on or near May 1) it will renew for 1 year.

Yes, it works like that but probably it's better that it works like a complete upgrade to a new package with new term and price? e.g a client used to be under a package, in a while, I've launched a more attractive package and the client wants to change the service on the new one with new term and price. For now, I have to cancel an old package and give a new one, in that case, we loose service info (history). What do you think?

We are considering a change or option that would allow the new term to take affect immediately. To get around that you could make the change, then change the renew date to the desired renew date and it will prorate that. There will be 2 invoices, but the sum should be correct.