Bogus Translations

mhofer

Question

Hi

I tried installing the german translation from https://translate.blesta.com/ which is marked as 100% completed.

Unfortunately it is far from complete and most translations contain the static text:

"A Google translation is currently unavailable."

This results in bloated and mostly useless menus / buttons etc. I'd rather have the original english text there.

Can anyone tell if there is a way to get a custom compilation of community translations with these filtered out?

Regards

5 answers to this question

@mhofer We have deleted the bad language definitions that included "A Google translation is currently unavailable." and a new file zip download will be generated in the morning automatically. If you notice any other issues with the German translation, please copy down the language strings that are very bad and paste them in this thread. We can search to see what user is responsible for them.

Thank you @Paul! Now it looks much better.

When searching the zip I still found 18 "A Google translation is currently unavailable." and one with "Google Übersetzung" which is also wrong.

Other than that the translations look mostly correct now. Will also try to contribute some.

Is there a way to specifically correct / improve certain translations from within the Blesta Translator interface?

There are no more translations saying "A Google translation is currently unavailable." You may see those in archived ZIPs, but not the latest one built every night.

We've also now removed several other translations, like "Google Übersetzung", and any that are very obviously inaccurate. The next nightly build will have these removed.

8 hours ago, mhofer said:

Is there a way to specifically correct / improve certain translations from within the Blesta Translator interface?

Not currently, but I would like to make this easier in the future. You would currently have to find the specific definitions as you continue translating.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:42 PM, Paul said:

@mhofer We have deleted the bad language definitions that included "A Google translation is currently unavailable." and a new file zip download will be generated in the morning automatically. If you notice any other issues with the German translation, please copy down the language strings that are very bad and paste them in this thread. We can search to see what user is responsible for them.

Sorry for hijacking an old thread, but the problem seems to persist.
While, say, 80% of the German translation is OK, the rest must have been done by a very, very old version of Google Translate and can absolutely not be presented to the public :D'
Now, of course I can search for all those strings and fix them right in the language files.
But wouldn't it be better if we could do that right in the translation system?
I am a bit afraid that with the next update I'd have to start from scratch.
And it would be easier for everyone than pasting 2-300 Strings here so you can go and find someone who can do something about it;)