Has blesta.com been hacked...my entire account is gone???

adamjedgar

Question

14 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, adamjedgar said:

I am on a trial...without any warning my entire blesta.com account appears to have dissapeared.

My username and password combination does not work,

I cannot get any emails to my email account to reset the password (they never arrive)

Has blesta.com been hacked? What has gone wrong?

Blesta.com has not been hacked. Perhaps your using the wrong recovery credentials and is the reason your not getting an email. You can always open a support ticket here (https://account.blesta.com/client/plugin/support_manager/client_tickets/add/3/) for further help recovering your username/account.

2 minutes ago, GosuHost said:

Blesta.com has not been hacked. Perhaps your using the wrong recovery credentials and is the reason your not getting an email. You can always contact support ticket here (https://account.blesta.com/client/plugin/support_manager/client_tickets/add/3/) for further help recovering your username.

how do i use wrong recovery details with my own "email" that is used log in? That doesnt make any sense!

That is why i asked if blesta.com has been hacked. Has someone hacked my account and changed the details?

Even if that were the case, i should recieved an error when i submit the recovery to say that the email address i provided is incorrect. That is not the case. The email is being sent but not recieved in my email account (i have checked junk mail...its not there.

4 minutes ago, GosuHost said:

Perhaps you used a username and not a email for the login creation. You should open a ticket.

I tried both username and email address just in case. Both said email sent??? (however nothing has come to my email account)

Something weird going on. It is as if someone has changed my details on blesta.com.

support have just replied...i will check what ive done wrong and post back shortly.

EDIT....also, for some reason, emails from the blesta.com automated system are going to my junk mail...i dont understand why. Is the reverse ptr record incorrect?

it seems that no one tracks trial accounts. I am not sure i follow this?

can someone explain to me how it is that a person sets up a trial, the obvious future intention likely that person would then want to purchase blesta, then out of the blue...wham, gone!!!! (What i thought was an account on Blesta.com is apparently not an account?

I thought that i been logging into the blesta.com account for weeks...what was i logging into?

When you install Blesta and set up a trial, we do not collect your information or create an account for you at that time. If you decide to buy, then you would create an account during checkout when purchasing a license.

I have purchased a new license. I like Blesta...its way better than WHMCS in terms of look and user friendliness.

Now i just need to get the old trial linked with new license once its been approved and i should be good to go. 

Very confusing process though...i think that trials should be logged as accounts so that trial users can be notified that they need to upgrade their license. I dont even yet know if my trial had expired (not that this matters as i was intending to purchase blesta anyway)

At the end of the day, what i really like about what has happened today...fast ticket responses. That is brilliant.

@adamjedgar, i do not remember any trial account with blesta

incase you are using a blesta trial, it never requires you to get an account with blesta

also, in case you require to get some support from blesta, you may post in the blesta forums, or signup for an account at blesta.com and then raise a support ticket there

Firstly, I am now a current paid up Blesta user. So my response here is constructive criticism as a user, not as someone rubbishing a system they do not use. It comes from the perspective of my user experience leading up to this point. I am a pretty average person who makes average mistakes...so I am sure i am not the only one who has gone through this issue.

I am not sure how many of the respondents here have any marketing experience (perhaps none), however usually one tries their level best to woo potential new clients. That is how business grows. The mere fact that Blesta even offers free trials suggests that they are keen to woo customers and grow their business. 

So with the above FACTS in mind, my point is...if a person takes on a trial (PROVIDED WITH THE AIM TO WOO THEM INTO PURCHASING BLESTA) then surely the system should be setup to REMEMBER THE TRIAL ACCOUNT DETAILS AND MAKE THE TRANSITION A PAINLESS, SEEMLESS, AND CONVENIENT ONE!!!!

indeed it should go the extra mile to try to convince potential clients currently on the trial to make purchase!

I almost went straight back to using WHMCS. The only reason i did not was because Paul responded to my email within a very short period of time and I value that kind of service. We all know that downtime and inconvenience are not acceptable in this day and age and must strive to ensure it is avoided. I got no warning/reminder of the trial expiry and did not think it was due to expire when it did. That is a fundamental flaw in the implementation of trial as it stands currently.

I quote the following from email after i made my purchase...this is a great email, however, its of little comfort "after the horse has already bolted"!

If you were using a trial license, you should now update your license key. To do so, go to [Settings] > [System] > [General] > License Key, and enter your new key.

When entering your key, be sure to copy the entire thing when prompted, including the "monthly-" at the beginning of the key. You may install Blesta at a location of your choosing, where it will become "locked". If you ever need to move or re-install Blesta, login to the client area, click the "Manage" link next to your license, then "Manage License" and check and save the "re-issue" option.

4 hours ago, adamjedgar said:

Firstly, I am now a current paid up Blesta user. So my response here is constructive criticism as a user, not as someone rubbishing a system they do not use. It comes from the perspective of my user experience leading up to this point. I am a pretty average person who makes average mistakes...so I am sure i am not the only one who has gone through this issue.

I am not sure how many of the respondents here have any marketing experience (perhaps none), however usually one tries their level best to woo potential new clients. That is how business grows. The mere fact that Blesta even offers free trials suggests that they are keen to woo customers and grow their business. 

So with the above FACTS in mind, my point is...if a person takes on a trial (PROVIDED WITH THE AIM TO WOO THEM INTO PURCHASING BLESTA) then surely the system should be setup to REMEMBER THE TRIAL ACCOUNT DETAILS AND MAKE THE TRANSITION A PAINLESS, SEEMLESS, AND CONVENIENT ONE!!!!

indeed it should go the extra mile to try to convince potential clients currently on the trial to make purchase!

I almost went straight back to using WHMCS. The only reason i did not was because Paul responded to my email within a very short period of time and I value that kind of service. We all know that downtime and inconvenience are not acceptable in this day and age and must strive to ensure it is avoided. I got no warning/reminder of the trial expiry and did not think it was due to expire when it did. That is a fundamental flaw in the implementation of trial as it stands currently.

I quote the following from email after i made my purchase...this is a great email, however, its of little comfort "after the horse has already bolted"!

If you were using a trial license, you should now update your license key. To do so, go to [Settings] > [System] > [General] > License Key, and enter your new key.

When entering your key, be sure to copy the entire thing when prompted, including the "monthly-" at the beginning of the key. You may install Blesta at a location of your choosing, where it will become "locked". If you ever need to move or re-install Blesta, login to the client area, click the "Manage" link next to your license, then "Manage License" and check and save the "re-issue" option.

i personally do not understand if you are complaining or showing concerns over feature improvements.

ah...that is the question. Two facets of answer...often the saints write off such issues to the detriment of business growth. So:

1. as a non user... I 'was' complaining

2. as a now paid user ... suggestion for future improvements for others who will likely travel the same pathway ?

We do not make users create an account to start a trial for a couple reasons, including:

1. More people install the free trial when we don't require them to create an account. I can say that this is true, because prior to Blesta v3 we did require them to create an account and way more people install the free trial now. There are many hundreds of active trials at all times.
  2. Not every trial user converts to a paid user, we don't want to collect names and addresses of people who aren't going to become a customer. I guess we could market to them, but in the end we care more about privacy -- and we want the most people possible to install a free trial, which they are more likely to do if it's easy and they don't have to provide any personal details.

Maybe we should send an introductory email to users who install the free trial.. and actually, we have plans to do this to help users that have a trial. We can include more information about how to become a paid user and what they need to do. But we aren't going to make an account for them unless they place an order.

Thanks for your feedback!