Configurable Option Selects Different Server

jschmok

Question

Hi All! I'm new to Blesta and the Blesta community so expect lots of questions :) hah!  Hello!

I'm setting up Blesta and got my Web Hosting packages with cPanel setup, however I had a question. A little background info:

I'm doing some work for a Bermuda based Web hosting company. Our main web-server is located in the cloud, hosted in the USA. Some companies require data residency in Bermuda so we offer that as well. We have a web server hosted in a Bermuda datacenter and would like to offer that as an option as well. 

My question is... I'd like to have web hosting packages 1..2..3..4 with differences between them. Majority of web hosting can go to the USA cloud server however I wanted to have a configurable option that says "Bermuda Web-Hosting - $10/month". and if that option is selected to have the hosting account created on the Bermuda server rather than on the USA cloud server. Is this possible? to have an account created on a different server based on configurable options or something else?  Thanks for the help guys! :)

7 answers to this question

Welcome!

The cPanel doesn't utilize any configurable options currently. You can create them, but the module will not detect and use them for provisioning. That's not a bad idea though.

Since the cPanel server or server group is selected on the Package level, you'd need to have another Package for Bermuda with the Package configured to use a cPanel server group that contains your Bermuda cPanel servers, or a specific server for Bermuda.

I'd suggest doing the following:

1. Create your regular cPanel Packages, assigned to their own Package Group.
  2. Create another Package Group for Bermuda, call it "Bermuda Hosting" or whatever you want.
  3. Use the "Copy" feature under Packages to copy the Package, modify the name, price, package group, and cPanel server or server group for Bermuda and save. Repeat for all your Packages.
  4. Make sure both Package Groups are assigned to your order form (Packages > Order Forms: Edit). You can sort their display by drag and drop within the order form where the Package Groups are shown. You can sort the display of the Packages within their groups under Packages > Package Groups by clicking the row for the Package group and drag and drop packages within it.

I hope that helps! You can make a feature request for using configurable options to override or set the cPanel server or server group at https://requests.blesta.com It's a good idea and something we'd be likely to add in the future.

yea I had a feeling it would need to be a "Bermuda" package assigned to that server, with other packages assigned to the cloud server. I will input the request though! I think configurable options could greatly expand the capabilities of account provisioning :) Thanks Paul

With 9 location offerings and 3 packages per location, my package list is growing quite full.

I decided to convert my reseller offerings to 3 packages, with 9 configurable options instead.

To accept the order, I have to select the correct server (as opposed to the default package one) that correlates to the configurable option, and that's that.

Some sort of automated connection between that configurable option and the server would be great to automate this.

Cheers.

On 5/16/2020 at 5:37 AM, SmallWeb said:

With 9 location offerings and 3 packages per location, my package list is growing quite full.

I decided to convert my reseller offerings to 3 packages, with 9 configurable options instead.

To accept the order, I have to select the correct server (as opposed to the default package one) that correlates to the configurable option, and that's that.

Some sort of automated connection between that configurable option and the server would be great to automate this.

Cheers.

Will you please share something how you did it, I get the configurable options part, but where do I select the server on accepting every order? can't find any option for that.

I have 3 different servers in 3 different server groups configured, when accepting order, it automatically gets processed on the server selected while creating plan.

Thanks

13 hours ago, mukshai said:

Will you please share something how you did it, I get the configurable options part, but where do I select the server on accepting every order? can't find any option for that.

I have 3 different servers in 3 different server groups configured, when accepting order, it automatically gets processed on the server selected while creating plan.

Thanks

Anyone knows how to do this?