Blesta Soft Auto Installer

mobbdeep

Question

Hello,

I am attempting to setup the Blesta Softaculous Auto Installer feature and I'm having some trouble. I followed the video in this tutorial (https://www.blesta.com/tags/soft-auto-installer/) and I'm still not having luck with it automatically installing to the cPanel account once it's provisioned. I am using the same cPanel/WHM server for WordPress hosting as I am with my shared hosting services I currently offer. Below are screenshots of my configurations.

Package Group:
cp10762X621201762Z.png

Package Option Group:
bU12424y821551424K.png

Package Option 1:
0U100144421041014x.png

Package Option 2:
7u129117421371911k.png

Package Option 3:
9x157551221111755e.png

Package:
QqwAn6T.png
5r14109u721531109P.png

WHM Side (Package):
3N10010t521581010Z.png

I have a Softaculous license as well and it's not auto installing Softaculous. Yes, the cPanel account gets created but just as normal shared hosting.

Regards,
Tyler

5 answers to this question

In your screenshot for the package option "Script", I notice that the "Name" is capitalized as "Script" rather than "script" as mentioned in the documentation. I believe that is case-sensitive, so it may be why WP does not get installed. I would update that and retest first.

The package has 1 and 3 month terms, but the package options are only setup for 1 month, so it would only be installed if the 1 month package was ordered, not the 3 month package.

12 hours ago, Tyson said:

In your screenshot for the package option "Script", I notice that the "Name" is capitalized as "Script" rather than "script" as mentioned in the documentation. I believe that is case-sensitive, so it may be why WP does not get installed. I would update that and retest first.

The package has 1 and 3 month terms, but the package options are only setup for 1 month, so it would only be installed if the 1 month package was ordered, not the 3 month package.

Thank you, I will go ahead and update those pieces of information. I have 2 additional questions..

1. Since I am doing 1 month and 3 month terms, do I still setup the package option price at 0.00 like I did for 1 month or should I specify the price for 1 months and 3 months? Also, how do I specify how many domains they can host per WP package? Eg. I see hosting providers offering a package with 1 domain allowed and then another package with 2 domains allowed.

2. When creating the Welcome Email in the package setup, what would the tags be for the Admin Username and Admin Password they created in the order form?

Only package options with a matching term to the package can be set. So if you have a 3 month term package, only package options that are 3 month terms can be ordered with it. I'm not aware of ordering multiple domains for a single WP package, I think that has more to do with parking domains on a web hosting account.

The package's welcome email contains the "service" object, and the package options are available in a list of "service.options". You would have to loop over the "service.options" and then evaluate the specific option to display the option name and value (e.g. "Admin Password: abc123").

For example:

{% for option in service.options %}
	{% if option.option_name == 'admin_name'}{option.option_label}: {option.value}{% endif %}
	{% if option.option_name == 'admin_pass'}{option.option_label}: {option.value}{% endif %}
{% endfor %}

The above would look over all service options, and display admin name and password if those are options on the service:

Admin Name: myname
Admin Password: mypassword

11 hours ago, Tyson said:

The package's welcome email contains the "service" object, and the package options are available in a list of "service.options". You would have to loop over the "service.options" and then evaluate the specific option to display the option name and value (e.g. "Admin Password: abc123").

For example:

{% for option in service.options %}
	{% if option.option_name == 'admin_name'}{option.option_label}: {option.value}{% endif %}
	{% if option.option_name == 'admin_pass'}{option.option_label}: {option.value}{% endif %}
{% endfor %}

The above would look over all service options, and display admin name and password if those are options on the service:

Admin Name: myname
Admin Password: mypassword

Where would I implement the service.options?

You can update the package's Welcome Email to include that information.

In case you need to see what data is available as tags, you can include {% debug %} in the email template and send yourself the email. It will list all the data available as tags. However, that should be used exclusively for testing only since tags can include information you do not want anyone else to see, like values for company settings.