Blesta Stripe (plus) gateway - 'The gateway does not support payments in the manner'.

Joelwolfgang

Question

My clients keep getting the error 'The gateway does not support payments in the manner'. I know it's been brought up before, but I wondered if there was anything else we can do.

I've yet to have a successful client initiated payment through Blesta because of this error.

ACH and subscription payments work just fine.

1 answer to this question

It sounds as though a payment is being attempted without using an off-site payment account. I just took a look at that third-party gateway and their github, and it appears to support off-site CC and ACH payments only. If you're encountering this problem, make sure:

• you are using the latest version of their gateway
  • that the payment account in Blesta for that client is actually stored off-site
    • Blesta makes this determination by saving a `gateway_id` value on the payment account stored in the database (e.g. `accounts_cc` table)
    • If clients had created a payment account in the system prior to you switching to the Stripe (plus) gateway, then that is probably the cause of the issue--i.e. the payment account was originally for a different merchant gateway, not Stripe (plus). Their payment account should be updated, or a new one added to replace the existing payment account that is not currently being stored off-site with Stripe.